Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

RV_SnapPad_Support

Thank you for all the feedback and reviews! Just a reminder we're always here to answer any questions or collaborate on any suggestions or ideas.

Our experience with every Heartland owner has been amazing! We are very excited to continue working with HOC.

RV_SnapPad_Support

Good question!

We're aware of the concerns and are working on several solutions for the water retention. Currently working to get the design completed and tested ASAP. No solid timeline as of now but we will keep everyone notified.

Please note your jacks are equipped with rust proof sealer and are resistant to rust until scratched or damaged. SnapPad will protect your jack landing feet from any such damage.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We got a set for our 4 point system and they do seem to make a difference, best of which is the famous popping of the levelers is gone. We had an occasional pop, especially in weather changes but since installing the Snap Pads, it has not happened again.

Jay, I can't seem to recall any popping either side we put ours on. But when we got back to our home park, I did reduce the stroke on the side that was popping, so not sure if that helped or not.

I really like them, aid in setup time tremendously!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

I know when Jerrod poured water in the foot area it stayed but what have other people experienced without the drain holes. Is it really that much of a concern? Maybe at some point RV-Snap Pads will offer another whole line where all you do is bolt on a new foot that has the pad sealed to it and there is no space for water to sit. The pad is angled and formed over-top of the metal foot.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
During our recent rally, we had a good heavy rain overnight our second night at the park. The next few days were partly cloudy, and I noticed one foot had standing water in it until we left. So about 5 days it retained water. I could have made an effort to get the water out if I wanted, but I was too busy.

These were brand new pads, installed before heading to the rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is my concern. And I am holding off until it is addressed. Since my jack pads are not new and water on them now is causing rust. Not much but if I set them in the pads for days with water, would cause too much rusted for sure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is my concern. And I am holding off until it is addressed. Since my jack pads are not new and water on them now is causing rust. Not much but if I set them in the pads for days with water, would cause too much rusted for sure.
You can remove the pads and sand & repaint them befor you put the SnapPad's on if your concerned about them rusting

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think it's just powder coating paint. If the are scratched up already from years of use it would be good for them. Then have the rust inhibitor paints now ...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Here is a picture of the RV SnapPads after 5 months on the coach. Understand that the LM is out in the weather all the time since we are living in her while hubby is working out of state. I had a concern earlier that the pad would hold water, rusting the pads on the jacks. As you can see there is some rust starting to show on the edges of the metal pads as well as discoloration of the top of the metal jack pad. Earlier I had asked about putting a small hole in the side of the pad to help wick out the rainwater faster and was assured that would be ok to do without voiding the warranty of the pads. We didn't do that because we wanted to see how the metal pads of the jack would do with the RV SnapPads. Well now we have a concern. We like the pads but think the company needs to re-look the issue of adding a drain hole to the pads.
20160324_5 mth.jpg

Bones

Here is a picture of the RV SnapPads after 5 months on the coach. Understand that the LM is out in the weather all the time since we are living in her while hubby is working out of state. I had a concern earlier that the pad would hold water, rusting the pads on the jacks. As you can see there is some rust starting to show on the edges of the metal pads as well as discoloration of the top of the metal jack pad. Earlier I had asked about putting a small hole in the side of the pad to help wick out the rainwater faster and was assured that would be ok to do without voiding the warranty of the pads. We didn't do that because we wanted to see how the metal pads of the jack would do with the RV SnapPads. Well now we have a concern. We like the pads but think the company needs to re-look the issue of adding a drain hole to the pads.
View attachment 43756

The rust spot your talking about looks like the wear point of the pivot. Does anyone else who doesn't have the pads have the same type of rust in that area?

kdubinwa

I just installed my pads on a new Bighorn produced in January of this year. I had rust around the pivot BEFORE the pad install on a barely used 5ver. Not a snap pad problem.

The rust spot your talking about looks like the wear point of the pivot. Does anyone else who doesn't have the pads have the same type of rust in that area?

Nabo

I'm not talking about the pivot post of the jack. Look at the back edge of the metal pad and you will see rust stains (yellowing of the metal) starting on the metal pad. That's my concern.

Bones

I'm not talking about the pivot post of the jack. Look at the back edge of the metal pad and you will see rust stains (yellowing of the metal) starting on the metal pad. That's my concern.

oh. I thought that was just dirt

Nabo

Nope - it's rust. This was on the front jacks. The other 4 jacks are under the slides so it's harder to check them. We are closing up and pulling back to TN so a closer inspection of the other jacks can be done soon.

Bones

Nope - it's rust. This was on the front jacks. The other 4 jacks are under the slides so it's harder to check them. We are closing up and pulling back to TN so a closer inspection of the other jacks can be done soon.
ok. When your camping season is done you could probably have the foot pad powder coated.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes I have the same problem. I a Sand and repaint that area often. But it always comes back. I have the 4 point setup and I think the front ones actually carry the majority of the weight. And since they angle out the movement causes the rubbing. No it is not the fault of snap pads. But I don't want anymore water standing in that area.