Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

BTW I think Bones was the one that came up with the using the Forstner drill bit idea ..
Thanks Dave it worked perfectly. I didn't think it was going to work that well. These are fast cleaning so I think that was the key
Tip when you are almost all the way through slow down and let the BIT finish the job so it will keep a clean hole all the way through.
e2f088bdc2d65104c7459a0b0924b4f4.jpg

I think this is the perfect hole. I did not protrude into the upper ring but I am right under it.
7006d77ea22ba8e45161cfb0c5a5bf45.jpg
e33feb6e6f6599e1144b85b28a92c852.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have a set, I just gotta find it.
Did you have to clean up the hole with that burr?

Peace
Dave
I didn't have too I'm sure it would be fine, but that's not how I roll
I was just using it to move the hole up all the way to the bottom of the lip.

kdubinwa

Jerrod,

What size bit are you using right beneath the lip? It looks smaller than the 1/2" hole you drilled from the side.

RV_SnapPad_Support

Very thorough Jerrod, Nice work!

Just a thought - The feet have 5 degrees of swivel so if you want to expedite drainage you can raise the jack and lift the side opposite of the hole. This should help drain the majority of the water, faster.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes eavn with them on the ground 98% of the water drained right out and the rest evaporated within a few hours 74° here today.
It really went well and the hardest part of the job for me was posting it on here. LOL
If you had a new set of pads you could drill all 6 holes and install them in less then 20 minutes.

Pirana

well, glad I saw this thread....I got my SnapPads and Im ready to install them....after drilling the hole!

Bones

BTW I think Bones was the one that came up with the using the Forstner drill bit idea ..
Thanks Dave it worked perfectly. I didn't think it was going to work that well. These are fast cleaning so I think that was the key
Tip when you are almost all the way through slow down and let the BIT finish the job so it will keep a clean hole all the way through.
I think this is the perfect hole. I did not protrude into the upper ring but I am right under it.

Your welcome. Glad they worked out for you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just did a quick drill and install on my buddy's 6 new Snap-pads
Very easy to do.
Any of you waiting to pull the trigger DON'T wait any longer !!! This is a super easy modification only takes a few minutes to do and the sooner you get them on the sooner you can start enjoying them, and the less paint you'll be scraping off the bottom of your pads.
bf82af41bd3df7a9264e87e8b0fc2143.jpg

We also dropped his 4 rear jacks down 2 bolt holes. Dropping them from 13.73" down to 11.5" then adding the pSnaPad's put it at 10.5" off the ground.

2702506e5033c691c29eae87ae418cad.jpg
c6c0967c0a74ad340514fccc007cd3cd.jpg
7e707ccc9f69f6340f334113dbccb8f4.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just did a quick drill and install on my buddy's 6 new Snap-pads
Very easy to do.
Any of you waiting to pull the trigger DON'T wait any longer !!! This is a super easy modification only takes a few minutes to do and the sooner you get them on the sooner you can start enjoying them, and the less paint you'll be scraping off the bottom of your pads.
bf82af41bd3df7a9264e87e8b0fc2143.jpg

We also dropped his 4 rear jacks down 2 bolt holes. Dropping them from 13.73" down to 11.5" then adding the SnapPad's put it at 10.5" off the ground.
2702506e5033c691c29eae87ae418cad.jpg
c6c0967c0a74ad340514fccc007cd3cd.jpg
7e707ccc9f69f6340f334113dbccb8f4.jpg

Pretty full body paint!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is copy and paste from another thread
Jerrod, what about the idea of drilling four holes (at 90 degree each) so one hole would most likely always be on the low side?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You could definitely do that but I don't think it's necessary. Unless your pads are not very level. You can always spin them to the down hill side. The SnapPad's are a very good quality, but my thinking is the more holes you drill in them the higher your chances are you could loose some of the gripping power of the upper ring that holds them on. I really don't think their going to ever fall off, but I'm testing things a little bit at a time. I have the 1 pad with 2 holes in it. One is the first hole I drilled with the 3/8" drill bit months ago and the nice 1/2" hole on the opposite side I drilled yesterday.
The guys at Snap-pad will probably weigh in on this tomorrow and we'll see how they feel about drilling 4 holes in them.

Last edited:

clayhud

You could definitely do that but I don't think it's necessary. Unless your pads are not very level. You can always spin them to the down hill side. The SnapPad's are a very good quality, but my thinking is the more holes you drill in them the higher your chances are you could loose some of the gripping power of the upper ring the holds them on. I really don't think there going to ever fall off but I'm testing things a little at a time. I have the 1 pad with 2 holes in it. One is the first hole I drilled with the 3/8" drill bit months ago and the nice 1/2" hole on the opposite side I drilled yesterday.
The guys at Snap-pad will probably weigh in on this tomorrow and we'll see how they feel about drilling 4 holes in them.

Jerrod,

Thanks to your posts I have drilled my snap pads with the 1/2 " forstner bit (thanks Bones) and installed my pads! I bought the pads a couple of months ago and just brought the rig out to get it ready for the season and started reading the recent posts regarding the pads. Great stuff from you and many other on this site. Keep it coming so us novice guys can get more ideas!

Best,

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I am ready to drill my snap pads, but haven't gone back to pick up my new trailer yet.....So question....is the lip on the level up jack pad the same thickness as the inner ring on the snap pads?
Do you start to drill above the ring and angle down towards the outside of the ring, or are you drilling in the middle of the snap pad inner ring? Hope this makes sense!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

Thanks to your posts I have drilled my snap pads with the 1/2 " forstner bit (thanks Bones) and installed my pads! I bought the pads a couple of months ago and just brought the rig out to get it ready for the season and started reading the recent posts regarding the pads. Great stuff from you and many other on this site. Keep it coming so us novice guys can get more ideas!

Best,

Oh good I'm glad to hear somebody else has jumped in and drilled the holes. Now you can just sit back and enjoy them.
How did it go for you ?
Thanks for posting.

clayhud

Oh good I'm glad to hear somebody else has jumped in and drilled the holes. Now you can just sit back and enjoy them.
How did it go for you ?
Thanks for posting.

Was easy......all 6 pads drilled in less than 10 minutes. I drilled from the inside while holding pad on work bench. Was able to drill the hole (one hole per pad) in the exact spot and obtain the angle for drainage.

Have a good week,