ATF: Landmark - 2016 Landmark Charleston kitchen-related questions

lslade

I have a new 2016 Landmark Charleston. Can someone tell me the following, please?:

1. Of what material is the island counter top made?;

2. Of what material is the large country sink located in the island made?

3. Best products (based on actual user experience) for cleaning and maintaining each surface type?; and

4. Best product (based on actual user experience) for cleaning the induction cook top surface?

Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing your responses.

BillGott

The kitchen countertop and sink are a resin based material like Dupont's Corian. Any non abrasive cleaner will work. To shine it up any decent automotive wax will work. As for the induction cooktop any cleaner made for glass stovetops will work.

jbeletti

See some replies inline below.

I have a new 2016 Landmark Charleston. Can someone tell me the following, please?:

1. Of what material is the island counter top made?;
It's an LG Hi-Macs product. Agree with Bill that it's resin based.

2. Of what material is the large country sink located in the island made?

3. Best products (based on actual user experience) for cleaning and maintaining each surface type?; and
Hi-Macs care - link

4. Best product (based on actual user experience) for cleaning the induction cook top surface?
From True Induction website - link
Cleaning-Maintenance
Before cleaning always switch OFF the device and unplug, wait for it to be completely cool. Clean the unit after each use to remove food residues. Wipe off the glass-ceramic plate and the plastic surface with a slightly damp cloth. Make sure that no water seeps into the device. Never use abrasive cleaners (i.e. metal pads) or oil-based liquids.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing your responses.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Okay Jim, what is the best method for removing the surface scratches from the kitchen counter top?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
User Bobemuzzy is a kitchen counter installation/maintenance expert.
He gave a demo on counter top maintenance at the VA rally a couple of years ago.
He also made a post a while back with a link to info on removing scratches.
Here is the link, look at post #12. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Thanks Dave. Jim, I'll also defer to Bob Mansolino - he is an expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Just a side question since we are talking counter tops. Can a new counter top be made the same as the old one but with a few tweaks. Like no sink just a small drain hole. Just thinking out loud.

danemayer

Just a side question since we are talking counter tops. Can a new counter top be made the same as the old one but with a few tweaks. Like no sink just a small drain hole. Just thinking out loud.

Hi Bones,

When we were getting ready to order our LM, I asked about a customization and was turned down flat. I think the counters are cut on automated equipment controlled by engineering CAD drawings. If that's correct, to do a custom order, an engineer would have to do a new CAD drawing and you would have to accept it before the counter was made. I don't think Heartland has engineers sitting around waiting for work, so it's not likely.

Bones

Hi Bones,

When we were getting ready to order our LM, I asked about a customization and was turned down flat. I think the counters are cut on automated equipment controlled by engineering CAD drawings. If that's correct, to do a custom order, an engineer would have to do a new CAD drawing and you would have to accept it before the counter was made. I don't think Heartland has engineers sitting around waiting for work, so it's not likely.
hmm. All I would need is the original DWG file and I can tweak. :cool:

jbeletti

Bones - doubt we do one-offs like that but I suggest you give a quick call to service today and ask. Let us know what you find out - 877-262-8032.

BillGott

There are a number of companies that do resin tops including Quartz which is a natural anti-bacterial surface. Most of the large home improvement stores have companies contracted locally that will make anything you want. You can get no bowl, top mounted bowl, flush mounted bowl or under counter mount.

AlwaysOnLiberty

Hi Bones,

Are they in fact cut on automated equipment controlled by CAD drawings? Reason is our '16 Ashland corner sink is 'way off' and bugs the bejeevers out of me which leads me to ask why. (Must be that military thing in me).

lslade

See some replies inline below.

Jim, ... and everyone else in the forum who replied to my post, ... THANK YOU!

Jim, the information you provided was exactly what I was looking for.

Even though we're only two (2) months into using our new Landmark 360 Charleston, I have surface scratches on the island counter top. I will give your suggestions a try. I want to get ahead of maintaining this counter top before we encounter any major scratch issues.

Again, ... thank you ALL! Much appreciated.