Good Sam Roadside Assistance

bsuds

One of our Good Sam group members broke down on the first camp out 2 days ago. It was 5 pm and he was told by GS roadside assistance the it was too late in the day to get someone out to tow his trailer and to stay in it for the night and call back the next day! 24/7 assistance doesn't mean diddly squat I guess.
Luckily he also has BCAA coverage and they we out in less than an hour and towed his truck to a dealer and his 5th wheel home. Now that's service.
I for one won't be renewing my Good Sam insurance when it comes due if that's the service they provide.

rhodies1

We are trying to decide if we should invest in Good Sam Roadside assistance. Has anyone out there bought in to this? We have been researching this but there are so many mixed reviews out there and we thought that we would get a more honest answer from other Heartland owners.

Good morning, thought I would pass on an experience that happened to me a week ago,I must say I was very I pressed with Good Sam.
I live in Nova Scotia Canada and have has GS for 9 yrs, never used but as stated ,last week my battery went dead, contacted GS and had a very nice operator, she took details and the first thing I mentioned was that I was calling from Canada.She advised that it didn't matter, took details and advised that tow company was on the way and should be to me within a half hour, 10 minutes later truck arrived and on my way.
30 mins later received automated call asking details if problem was fixed, how long it took and how the experience went...
Hopefully if I need them in the future it will be the same,I travel for approx. 6 months with my rv, for me, definetly worth the cost.