Manual Override for electric slide out

C-Rad

I have a 2016 heartland Prowler 26 footer with a slide out dining area. All is well and identifying everything I need to do for the "oh Crap" factor of something not working and I have to manually over ride. I have three things that the dealer gave me. One hand crank that fits on the landing gear stabilizers in case electric doesn't work. I have another crank for the electric tongue jack manual over ride. I have a manual for the electric awning that describes the electric leads for a jumper if needed from 12 volt source. Now the slide out and generic Lippert manual I got says that a standard fifth wheel landing gear crank handle fits on the end of a drive rod that the motor is hooked to that should have a cotter pin. No cotter pins on the rod but it does have a hole drilled through the end of the rod. The handle I have for my stabilizer jacks will not fit over the end of this rod. So before I go to the dealer does anyone have a clue? I believe mine is considered through frame slide out but again the manual is very vague.

The third handle I have is short with a goofy hook on the end. I thought it may be for the awning but no.Not sure if they just threw these things in without regard for what I really need.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a 2016 heartland Prowler 26 footer with a slide out dining area. All is well and identifying everything I need to do for the "oh Crap" factor of something not working and I have to manually over ride. I have three things that the dealer gave me. One hand crank that fits on the landing gear stabilizers in case electric doesn't work. I have another crank for the electric tongue jack manual over ride. I have a manual for the electric awning that describes the electric leads for a jumper if needed from 12 volt source. Now the slide out and generic Lippert manual I got says that a standard fifth wheel landing gear crank handle fits on the end of a drive rod that the motor is hooked to that should have a cotter pin. No cotter pins on the rod but it does have a hole drilled through the end of the rod. The handle I have for my stabilizer jacks will not fit over the end of this rod. So before I go to the dealer does anyone have a clue? I believe mine is considered through frame slide out but again the manual is very vague.

The third handle I have is short with a goofy hook on the end. I thought it may be for the awning but no.Not sure if they just threw these things in without regard for what I really need.

On one of the lower corners of the slideout there should be about a two inch diameter hole . . . this is where the handle crank goes through to manually crank out the slide.

Look through this hole straight back to see what the fitting should look like back on the frame under the slide.

ProwlerAtArbys2015-P1000174.jpg

You can see the hole at the back lower corner of the slide in this shot.

My guess is that the longest hand crank that came with the Prowler will be the right one!

By the way . . . which Prowler do you have?

We like photos around here so feel free to show us your rig in action!