Jim's Rally Scrambled Eggs

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
So . . . are we going to get to try these infamous scrambled eggs in Vegas? :confused:

Or maybe sooner????? :p

HornedToad

Being my thrifty dad's son, I HAD to buy 2 dozen and freeze 1 dozen!!

I've never tried to freeze an egg... how does it come out after it thaw's???

Does it prep, cook & taste the same???

So . . . are we going to get to try these infamous scrambled eggs in Vegas?

Or maybe sooner?????

Jim, I think you have a volunteer to man one of the skillets!!!

wdk450

I've never tried to freeze an egg... how does it come out after it thaw's???

Does it prep, cook & taste the same???

Jim, I think you have a volunteer to man one of the skillets!!!

Well, I'm new at the egg freezing stuff, too. I just looked it up on the internet. Supposedly you can thaw them overnight in the fridge, or in some lukewarm water like you thaw anything else, and they are supposed to be the same as fresh eggs. Another freezing technique listed on the internet was to crack all the eggs, mix them up like for scrambled eggs, then pour them into ice trays and freeze. The frozen egg cubes can be stored in freezer bags, and thawed (microwave?) and used individually.

HornedToad

Well, I'm new at the egg freezing stuff, too. I just looked it up on the internet. Supposedly you can thaw them overnight in the fridge, or in some lukewarm water like you thaw anything else, and they are supposed to be the same as fresh eggs. Another freezing technique listed on the internet was to crack all the eggs, mix them up like for scrambled eggs, then pour them into ice trays and freeze. The frozen egg cubes can be stored in freezer bags, and thawed (microwave?) and used individually.

This topic came up on my MSN.com home page today...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ou-could-freeze/ss-BBu4OYG?li=BBnb7Kz#image=3

jbeletti

Edited the recipe a bit, cutting back on the formula for butter. Last time I made this for a huge crowd, I had twice the butter needed. Gotta love those non-stick skillets!

Recipe updated (Excel and PDF) in post #1 of this thread.