Preparing for a sight seeing tour.

jimtoo

Hi Everyone,

Today, 4/21/2016, Bette and I are preparing for a sight seeing tour for our Doctor. We hope and pray that the good doctor does not see anything interesting, just clean, slick tubing with no abnormal little things trying to grow.

Just want to remind everyone to getter done. Getting a Colonoscopy is not a fun thing, but it's not as bad as a lot of folks think, and it could save your life. Having a Colonoscopy has saved my life twice.

Just reminding everyone. ;)

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The worst part for me is studying for the "test"....the part of not being allowed to eat food for a day!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My doctor has been hounding me for a while now to take the 'tour' . . .

dlw930

The most terrifying words you can hear as the nurse enters your room after a colonoscopy, "Who was that man who just left your room?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've had four so far. The third resulted in having a colectomy. The 4th was clean plumbing a year later. Not due again for a while.

Lots of things can kill you but you don't want to be done in by an axehole, especially your own.

jimtoo

Well to update the tour the Dr took today.

Bette's was reported as good and clean. Had one little polyp which they removed and will send for testing, but said it looks OK.

Mine was basically good. Found one area with 5 small polyps which he removed and one large polyp (beginning of tumor) which is embedded and I will need to go to another hospital for a surgery to have it removed. All polyps were sent for testing and we will know more in 2 weeks.

So when we know more I will post it here.

Jim M

Diamondjim

Saw Dr yesterday to schedule one for me - 5/26 be my date. Am 74 and last one was 10 years ago, picked up my "med" in preparation today, can hardly wait, but it is a necessary thing to do.

Good luck Jimtoo, let's see how bad this stuff tastes this time around, sure it's not better.

JohnDar

On the prep solution: mix it with warm water and drink it with a straw. Drinking that much cold solution that quickly will drop your core temperature and you'll get the shakes. The straw and a fast swallow gets it down without gagging on it. Then you can blow soap bubbles...:(

Chippendale

Have it done, it's not bad. When my late DW had it done, they found a tumor which was whipped with radiation and chemo in a few months, and then a couple of years later, a stroke took her. When I had mine done, I was lucky, they said there were no problems. If you haven't had it done, don't let the sun set today without making an appointment.

jimtoo

For and update 5/3/16. Started the cleanup and prep today. Procedure will be done in the morning in San Antonio to remove the ingrown polyp or start of tumor. Will know more later and will update then.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Good luck Jim, we're waiting for them to tell you that your a perfect A** hole LOL We are praying for ya!

JohnDar

For and update 5/3/16. Started the cleanup and prep today. Procedure will be done in the morning in San Antonio to remove the ingrown polyp or start of tumor. Will know more later and will update then.

Jim M

If you wake up with a wet ear and flowers in your hand...