Router support for 802.11AC and IPV6

danemayer

Hi 3GStore,

I've been using a Pepwave Surf-on-the-Go router for a couple of years with very good results. But this summer, our campground is switching to a new WiFi system with 802.11ac support and in the future, IPV6 support.

My Pepwave will connect using 802.11n, but I'd like to take full advantage of the new high performance WiFi. Looks like the V2 Pepwave still doesn't support 802.11ac or IPV6.

Is there a comparable product you sell or can recommend that does support 802.11ac and IPV6? Or do you know if Pepwave has any plans in the near future for those enhancements.

The Surf On The Go doesn't have any announced improvements, but the Surf SOHO should be getting an upgrade later this summer to support wireless AC. IPv6 is only supported on wired WAN ports currently. 3Gstore.com/surfsoho

danemayer

The Surf On The Go doesn't have any announced improvements, but the Surf SOHO should be getting an upgrade later this summer to support wireless AC. IPv6 is only supported on wired WAN ports currently. 3Gstore.com/surfsoho

Can the Surf SOHO that's expected to ship in September use 802.11AC to connect to campground WiFi? Or is 802.11AC only used on the local LAN?

If the campground WiFi is AC, the SOHO should be able to connect at AC speeds as well, but nothing is confirmed at this time. Hopefully we'll see some spec's soon.