110 V Electrical Plug Replacement

In our home, I swapped out the existing electrical plug and installed one that includes 2 plug in areas plus 2 USB ports. Very handy for charging things e.g. cell phone without the two prong converter.

My question: if I wanted to reproduce this in the Big Country (I have a 2016 3650 RL), it is as simple as replacing the existing electrical plug? Which is to say, can a normal home plug be placed in the RV?

Thanks in advance.

mlpeloquin

If it is a RV style plug, no problem. Otherwise get a shallow retrofit electrical box for the new plug to mount into. You will have to enlarge the opening a bit. It is not a hard job to do. Do turn off the breaker first.

Bob Vaughn

Are there screws to attach the wiring to or is it the type that you skin the wire end off and shove in a hole to make contact with???

wdk450

Last year, I had an electrical heater plugged into one of the existing RV outlets, and noticed that the pilot light on the heater was flickering when plugged into this outlet. This resulted in my investigation into RV Insulation displacement style outlets, and my decision to change all such outlets in my trailer. See my previous thread:
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...placement-Connector-(IDC)-Electrical-Outlets? .

Recently one of the blue wallboard-type outlet boxes was pulling loose of the thin paneling, probably due to my cutting the hole just a little too large. I discovered that the top and bottom front face ears of the wallbox had small screw holes, and I put small wood screws in those to secure the loose box.