TV release

We have just purchased a new Landmark Orlando and are restocking the trailer with everything from our last RV. I WANTED TO PUT SOME ITEMS BEHIND the TV in the storage area but was unable to pull the strap that releases the TV. Can someone give me a clue as to how that strap works?

Im glad there are folks out there willing to share experiences of a new RV. MANY new things to learn even though we've had RVS for over 20 years! Thanks for any help.

pat

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You should just be able to pull down on it and it should release. you might have to push in on that side of the TV, it might be a little tight right now.
Congratulations on the new rig.

oldelmer1

On mine, while pushing in on the TV, I pull the strap then pull the TV to open it.

It does take some effort to unlatch the TV, I was going to put a drop of oil on it, but then thought it might be too easy to open.

LBallard

On our 2016 Orlando, Wondering if it is normal for the TV latch to have a loose fit. It stays latched while traveling, however when parked, with the slightest walking movement , the TV latch rattles. The nut to secure the catch also will back off over time.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On our 2016 Orlando, Wondering if it is normal for the TV latch to have a loose fit. It stays latched while traveling, however when parked, with the slightest walking movement , the TV latch rattles. The nut to secure the catch also will back off over time.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine pulled the screws out. I had to redue it right.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=482139

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice as to how to get the TV loose. I did finally get it open like you said by pulling on strap and pulling out tv. Just seems too tight. My husband was going to put some lubricant on it, but we aren't so sure that is a good idea as you don't want the tv jumping loose while in transport. At least we can now see how the latch works and hopefully won't pull the screws out.