Disk brake compatibility with factory installed brake controller

DWH

I'm seeking to find if any or all of the Big 3 tow vehicle manufacturers (Chevy, Ford or Ram) have factory installed brake controllers that are compatible with the disc brakes that Heartland installs in new 365 units. My situation is this I bought a 2016 LM 365 in November 2015. I ordered it and ordered it with disk brakes. When it arrived I discovered that, to my dismay, that the factory installed controller that came with my 2011 Silverado 3500 was not compatible with the disc brakes. It had worked fine with 2 previous Heartland 5th wheel units. These of course had drum brakes. The RV dealer installed new aftermarket controller and brakes work great. However, I don't really care for the controller mounted under the dash. (both my wife and I bump it a lot getting in and out) Also the teck that installed it spliced into the factory line and now i get "fault" Messages every time I turn on my truck. Truth be told it annoys me so much, I would have stayed with the drum brakes if heartland or the sales man would have let me know about the compatibility issue. I'm getting a new truck soon, either 2016 or 2017. I've always been a chevy guy but think all the new trucks are very good and capable. Do any of the factory installed contollers of any of the Big 3 work with the disk brakes Heartland had installed? Any help, advice or wisdom appreciated as this is not my area of expertise. Thank you.

Doug Hoeffner

porthole

Retired
The trailer brake controller in the Ford Superduty is compatible with EoH disc brakes and is fully integrated with the the rest of the vehicle stability systems, sway control, ABS etc.
Although the system is not a true individual ABS for the trailer, it controls the trailer accordingly in an ABS event.

The Ford TBC is also hydraulically activated, there is a pressure transducer in the brake system.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I think you will find all the new trucks offer compatibility with disc brakes on RV's.
My 2011 Ram and now my 2016 Ram both had the adjustments on the computer screen.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My 2010 Ram has no adjustments or settings on the brake controller and works very well with the Titan disk brakes.

DWH

Thank you for quick answers. Any Chevy or gmc owners have compatibility with disc brakes ?
Doug Hoeffner

Garypowell

DWH,

i have late 2015 SRW 3500 HD and it is not compatible with the new Kodiac disc brakes I installed in June '16.

Someone at the dealership wanted to sell you a break controller as there is a $100 solution that Morryde installed when they put the discs on.

On the invoice it is:

Carlisle Ford/Prodigy Adapter module HBA-CAM

i found it on the web for under $100. Morryde charged me $119.....but the installed it too.

The paperwork I was given showed that 2007 - 2016's are not compatible.

Granted I have no comparison but the system works great with this solution......don't give up that great Chevy!

Titanguy

all you need to do is add the Titan Ford/Chevy Adapter ($70) and your 2011 GM will work fine with your disc brakes. The Titan will work with the Dexter and Hydrastar actuators as well.
The 2016 GM is the only year that offers Electric/Hydraulic compatibility without the adapter.
It is a simple add on. Just mount near the junction box and wire to the blue (brake controller) wire bundle and the White (neutral/ground) wire bundle.