CO Detector

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Also check your LP detector, they have an expiration date as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also test the LP detector with a butane lighter. Light it near the detector and blow out the flame so just gas goes to the detector. For under $30, you can purchase a small handheld gas detector to check around your tanks and lines outside. Yep, I got one of those, too, along with the non-contact AC detector. Tool and gadget junkie.

Bobby A

You can also test the LP detector with a butane lighter. Light it near the detector and blow out the flame so just gas goes to the detector. For under $30, you can purchase a small handheld gas detector to check around your tanks and lines outside. Yep, I got one of those, too, along with the non-contact AC detector. Tool and gadget junkie.

Good idea guys !!

HornedToad

Since my household CO detectors were added on top of my RV detector, I think I'm OK for now. They're already two years old and when I replace all three I'll know to buy the RV rated model.

Thank you John and Bill for the informative articles.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I added a second "household" one, along with another smoke detector. These are tied into my security system. If it goes off when we are away, the company will notify me. Alarm does not have to be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk