Comfort Control Center

mike

Mike
My Big Horn 3655rd has two a/c's in it and also has two thermostats one is a Comfort Control Center which is used on the bed room unit and the other is a Analog Thermostat which is on the main unit and furnance. My question is that I know that the comfort control center will control multiple units and functions but is there a way to without a great deal of expense and tearing the rv apart to remove the analog thermostat and have the the comfort control center control both a/c's an the furnace? I am sure that you would have to have a remote sensor for one of the areas where the thermostat is not at for that a/c to know when to come on..

Mike

Scott

Comfort Control

Mike
Sorry. I've been burried preparing for our big show (Louisville) which starts next week.
I honestly just don't know the answer to your question, as that is not something that we offer at Heartland. Can it be done? Possibly, but I'm not positive.
I am going to tell you to talk to experts on these systems, DOMETIC themselves. I have worked with them many times and they are both knowledgeable and friendly. Their 800# is in your owners manual.

Sorry I didn't know that one.

ST

mike

Mike
Scott thanks for the reply, I was hoping that you might know since both the a/c units and thermostats were installed at factory. I will call Dometic and see what they can offer, this is just something I think I would like to get done..

Thanks
Mike

C

Chulinw

I would love to have the Comfort Control Center and not the remote control that I have. I have to play with it all the time to get the correct temp in the rv. I was happy to read that they have done away with remote system. Now my question is can the Control Comfort Center be installed in the older units or we just will have to live with what we got. Good to see improvements on the rv's.

Scott

For the record, yes a comfort control system can be installed in a coach to replace a wireless system. The best way to do it is to go from the A/C opening with the wiring - over to the bathroom wall, then down to where you could install a thermostat on the wall. It may require a different chipboard on the actual A/C unit itself as well. But yes, it can be done, and I know of some owners who have chosen to have it done.

ST

C

Chulinw

Thanks Scott I am going to look more into it and do it. I have to keep adjusting the temputure with the remote. When the DW is along she is always hot. Her nick name is Hot Porky (Puerto Rican) that is my way of having a little fun with her.

tdharley

One thing about the remote thermostat.

I also had trouble in the beginning. One thing I did learn was that the remote, as per the instructions, needs to be in the line of sight. I moved the mount to under the unit (it was installed in the back by the factory) and it now performs much better. Also replaced the batteries.