RV Lock Black Friday 2016 sale

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Placed my order this morning for the slam baggage locks. Can't wait to be key - free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BusManRG

I received a message from Cade at RVLock that in a few weeks, they will be launching a handle with no lock - that can be used for the propane doors.
I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...😕 We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

Oregon_Camper

I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...😕 We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

It is still 30% off through midnight tonight (Friday)

RVLockSupport

I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...�� We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

Just confirming Jim Beletti's reply, we will be launching a matching non-cylinder compartment handle for propane doors within the next 30 days. It will co-ordinate with our other products and can be ordered separate from your Black Friday Sale items. I apologize that my team did not give you that info. on Wednesday. Also, don't forget that you can still get a 30% discount until Midnight and a 20% discount on your entire RVLock order through Cyber Monday should you choose to order. Have a great day!!

Gary521

RVLOCKSANDMORE has keyed slam locks for about $15 each (they are all keyed alike and have the same key as the door). You still have to carry a key but no RF interference and no batteries. With the RVLocks, I think you still have to carry a key FOB --HMMM!!?? Just a thought!

danemayer

RVLOCKSANDMORE has keyed slam locks for about $15 each (they are all keyed alike and have the same key as the door). You still have to carry a key but no RF interference and no batteries. With the RVLocks, I think you still have to carry a key FOB --HMMM!!?? Just a thought!
When I was young, I had to open car doors and the trunk with 2 different keys.

I think one day, I got a car where the same key opened everything. Much better.

Then I got a car that had a FOB that opened the doors and trunk. Wow! Yes there was a little backup key tucked into the FOB, but I never had to use it. And I never wanted to use the key.

Then came the day where all I had to do was carry the FOB in my pocket and the car sensed it and opened any door or hatchback to my touch.

But then came the day where on the next car the driver's door opened to my touch, but the passenger door and hatchback required the FOB. I was very annoyed to have to go backwards. Yes I could have gotten the model where they all opened to my touch, but they wanted $3,000 more for that model. Pass.

Now both the truck and the car open to my touch as long as I have the FOB in my pocket. I'm very used to it.

The RV Lock on our Landmark entry door opens via FOB, keybad, or key. DW uses the keypad. I prefer the FOB and carry a key as backup. And when the day comes where the lock senses the FOB and opens to my touch, I'll get the next RV Lock.

Is it inconvenient to carry a FOB? LOL! Not for me.

TravelTiger

We use the keypad for our RvLock, and had combination locks on our previous trailer, so we were used to "keyless". Now with new BC, we had to go back to keys for the slam latch doors. (We put combination locks again on the front compartment, which had the twist lock style.)

It's been driving us crazy to use a key for the slam latch doors.... so I am super thrilled to get our keyless latches! We will use the keypad and not worry with keys or fobs.

Gary521

There have been comments made in the past that with the RVLock system there is no longer a need to carry a key around. I could not see the difference between carrying a key or carrying a key FOB. My post was a little tongue in cheek. There is a fair difference in cost between the key FOB slam locks and keyed slam locks but that is what you want - do it.

Oregon_Camper

Not really....you can use any of the 3 options....keypad, key or FOB. Picture below is for "slam latch", but the door lock is the same.

Capture.jpg

TravelTiger

No key or fob here. We use the keypad exclusively.

TravelTiger

Loved our rv lock so much, we swapped it from the ElkRidge we traded in, to the new Big Country, as the last thing we did before handing over the ER and taking the BC off the lot.

Gary521

I did not put enough thought into my comments about the keys or the key FOB. I forgot about the touch pad on the locks. So there might be some convenience to the system in some situations where you go someplace without taking your keys with the key FOB attached. Like going to the pool with your towel or walking the dog with the leash.

If you do take your keys or key FOB with you, then there is some convenience ( perhaps ) to not taking your keys ( key FOB ) out of your pocket or purse to unlock the door.

avvidclif

I've never used the key or fob except to make sure they work. The keypad is all we use. A spare key is kept in the TV for an emergency but that's all. It makes it so easy to close just the door and punch in the code. No fumbling for anything. Our last RV had the keypad lock and that's one of the first things we added to this one.

SLO

If you have an early v4 lock as we do (bought 5/15). The new locks cannot be keyed the same as our 1 1/2 year old lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I've never used the key or fob except to make sure they work. The keypad is all we use. A spare key is kept in the TV for an emergency but that's all. It makes it so easy to close just the door and punch in the code. No fumbling for anything. Our last RV had the keypad lock and that's one of the first things we added to this one.

Same here. The SD has a touch pad lock too so very seldom do I have keys in my pocket.

sjandbj

If you have an early v4 lock as we do (bought 5/15). The new locks cannot be keyed the same as our 1 1/2 year old lock.

It is true that they cannot be keyed the same but they will send you new cylinders for the older handle so you can change them. This way they will all have the same key. Changing the cylinders is a very easy thing to do and it comes with instructions. :). I had to do this when I changed the baggage handles two weeks ago.

Steve

SLO

It is true that they cannot be keyed the same but they will send you new cylinders for the older handle so you can change them. This way they will all have the same key. Changing the cylinders is a very easy thing to do and it comes with instructions. :). I had to do this when I changed the baggage handles two weeks ago.

Steve

I called them today and was told the dead bolt cylinder cannot be changed on my early v4 entry lock. I guess I'll have to call again and talk to someone else if this is true. I canceled my order because I was told I could not get them keyed alike unless I bought a new entry lock.