RV Lock Black Friday 2016 sale

SNOKING

Installed our new RV Lock today. Had to expand the hole a bit on the front edge to get into the door. Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

jbeletti

Installed our new RV Lock today. Had to expand the hole a bit on the front edge to get into the door. Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

The process I use to lock with the FOB is to press and hold the Lock icon for 1 second. I also hold it up in the air to increase range - especially if I'm unlocking the door as I am getting out of the truck.

Oregon_Camper

The process I use to lock with the FOB is to press and hold the Lock icon for 1 second. I also hold it up in the air to increase range - especially if I'm unlocking the door as I am getting out of the truck.

If you have a full water bottle you can point the remote through the bottle and you'll just about double your range.

You can also use your head to increase the range. Yea, this really works, but I'm not a fan of pointing a remote to my head just to increase the distance as a default method (but fun to try). Of course the commonality here is water....just try it. :)

I know this works with all the remotes for my cars....just got my trailer lock/remote so I have not tried it, but the remote frequencies all basically the same, so it should work as well.

danemayer

Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

Chris,

Of course you could use the FOB instead of the keypad, but if you have to press the Lock button several times after keying in the code, you may have a bad keypad. You should call RVLock to get their opinion.

mlpeloquin

Jim is correct. You have to hold the button down for a least a second. If you are close enough you can hear the motor in the lock assembly run.

RoadJunkie

Got mine yesterday...Hope they work after this packing job. The door handle was out of it's bubble wrap and free to fly! Not my usual experience with RV Lock.

RV Lock.jpg

SNOKING

Chris,

Of course you could use the FOB instead of the keypad, but if you have to press the Lock button several times after keying in the code, you may have a bad keypad. You should call RVLock to get their opinion.

I think you misunderstood me. It works fine it you put in the security code a push the lock button. It just would be easier to lock if you did not have to put the code in to lock it. My suggestion was to maybe make it so you push just the lock button to lock the trailer vs the code and lock. We have the FOB in the truck and parked next the door side it works fine from the truck. Chris

Last edited:

jbeletti

Got mine yesterday...Hope they work after this packing job. The door handle was out of it's bubble wrap and free to fly! Not my usual experience with RV Lock.

Len - I passed your comment and picture onto the owner of RV Lock. He sends his apologies for the packaging and gives his pledge to make-it-right if there's any damage. Seems that sales are up - such that they had to hire some temp help to keep up and that may have something to do with the iffy packaging. Thanks for sharing your matter. Feedback like this is how they will get better :)

RoadJunkie

Thanks Jim, last order was delivered in individuality packaged boxes...quite a surprise to get this box full of unrestrained units. Almost $600.00 worth of product and I hope they work...Installing them soon.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Still waiting on ours... scheduled for Wednesday delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Well, the baggage locks came today, but they are not keyed alike to my front door as I had requested via the website.

Sent a reply to their email notification they were delivered, explaining as such -- it said reply to the email if you have questions.

Can they be re-keyed ourselves, or will RVLock need to send another set of baggage locks? (or if easier, a new front door lock?)

Erika

brianlajoie

Even though I bought my door lock about a year ago, RVLock could not match my door lock to my baggage locks. I called and talked to them about is a week ago. My baggage locks arrived today too.

sjandbj

Well, the baggage locks came today, but they are not keyed alike to my front door as I had requested via the website.

Sent a reply to their email notification they were delivered, explaining as such -- it said reply to the email if you have questions.

Can they be re-keyed ourselves, or will RVLock need to send another set of baggage locks? (or if easier, a new front door lock?)

Erika

I had the same problem. After talking to RV lock they sent me the locks to replace my front door tumblers to match the baggage locks. it took me about 30 minutes to disassemble the front door handle and change the locks. Now everyone matches.

Steve

TravelTiger

I had the same problem. After talking to RV lock they sent me the locks to replace my front door tumblers to match the baggage locks. it took me about 30 minutes to disassemble the front door handle and change the locks. Now everyone matches.

Steve

Ok, this is what I wanted to hear. I'll call them tomorrow.

RVLockSupport

Erika

Hi Erika and thank you for your post. As we focus first on security and then convenience as a close second, we do change our key combinations frequently. For this purpose, if same key throughout is required, we recommend purchasing all handles at the same time, this way we can guarantee that all will be keyed the same. As our next focus is convenience, all wireless remote operations / keypad operations, will always be able to sync together to all RVLock products. However, depending on when you purchased your existing handles that you are wanting to match and their particular number to be matched, we may not have the ability to do so. As the physical keys in keyless applications are meant for preventative back-up operations, we hope that the excitement of having two keys to over-ride all handles versus just one can be dismissed, (as it is a much better solution than a bunch of 751 keys or even worse, a half of dozen different key numbers). We do try in all applications possible to match up what we can and appreciate everyone's patience in doing so. Thank you so much for your understanding and the support of the Heartland Group!!

TravelTiger

Hi Erika and thank you for your post. As we focus first on security and then convenience as a close second, we do change our key combinations frequently. For this purpose, if same key throughout is required, we recommend purchasing all handles at the same time, this way we can guarantee that all will be keyed the same. As our next focus is convenience, all wireless remote operations / keypad operations, will always be able to sync together to all RVLock products. However, depending on when you purchased your existing handles that you are wanting to match and their particular number to be matched, we may not have the ability to do so. As the physical keys in keyless applications are meant for preventative back-up operations, we hope that the excitement of having two keys to over-ride all handles versus just one can be dismissed, (as it is a much better solution than a bunch of 751 keys or even worse, a half of dozen different key numbers). We do try in all applications possible to match up what we can and appreciate everyone's patience in doing so. Thank you so much for your understanding and the support of the Heartland Group!!

Thanks for the detailed response, we will hardly ever use the keys, that is true!!! It's not a problem that they won't match.

I like the fact that it is possible though, for those that buy both at the same time.

We can't wait to get them installed!

TravelTiger

We realized our RVLock slam latch shipment did not come with any instructions. Can someone post or send?