RV Lock Black Friday 2016 sale

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yep, time to get those slam baggage locks now! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I just called RV Lock and the sale applies to baggage locks also. If, when you order the baggage locks, you give them your key code for the door lock they will make sure all 3 (1 door and 2 slam lock baggage doors) use the same key. You can also program all 3 to the same remote or different remotes for baggage and door.

For those thinking about it 2 baggage door locks would be $215.99 on sale Fri.... Til noon MST

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I bought the 3.0 ver last year. $99, no tax, free shipping

ramdually4100king

That price is still not worth having to replace them every two weeks.

We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working. Replaced batteries with no luck. Sent the lock back back and received a replacements. Worked fine for two weeks then stoped working again. Sent back and got my money back.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had the latest version on our LM for over 2.5 years without any problems, not even having to change the batteries. We have had all three versions on 4 different coaches without any major problems. Would I do it again, yes.

RoadJunkie

We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working.

I would say, based on my experience, that it is unusual to completely stop working. Mine is the original 3.0 and can be frustrating in that the code sometimes requires input more than once to open the lock. At one point they modified the design to reduce RF blockage to the handle receiver and that helped. I have never had an issue that was ignored with this company. I will buy a new door handle and 3 latch handles during the sale.

sjandbj

We have had one installed for almost 2 years and have had no problems. I just installed all new baggage handles I got and they also work well and are all key to the same key.

BusManRG

To those of you who have changed out all of your locks....Did you just leave your propane cabinet handle alone since they don't seem to have a matching, not locking latch? And the outdoor TV compartment?

Our BH is in storage and I'm trying to picture our unit and how many of locks we would need.

Sandy

sjandbj

To those of you who have changed out all of your locks....Did you just leave your propane cabinet handle alone since they don't seem to have a matching, not locking latch? And the outdoor TV compartment?

Our BH is in storage and I'm trying to picture our unit and how many of locks we would need.

Sandy

If I recall the propane compartments cannot be locked by regulation. they have to be able to turn off the gas if an emergency happens.

mlpeloquin

That price is still not worth having to replace them every two weeks.

We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working. Replaced batteries with no luck. Sent the lock back back and received a replacements. Worked fine for two weeks then stoped working again. Sent back and got my money back.

Ours worked sporadically over eight months and then quit. I called them and I was sent a new receiver board. Since I had it apart, he walked me through removing the old receiver board. I thanked him and hung up. I then examined the two circuit boards that make up the receiver and found a bad solder joint. I fixed it and put the lock back together. I has worked fine ever since. The receiver board they sent was delivered two days later. So I have a spare. A great company that stands behind their product. It almost looks like the two boards are connected/assembled using solder donuts and reflowed. Mass assembly needs closer inspection of these solder joints. The solder joints on the new board are ok, but could be better. This seems to be the week point.

BusManRG

If I recall the propane compartments cannot be locked by regulation. they have to be able to turn off the gas if an emergency happens.

Exactly. So since they don't make a non locking latch handle, did you just leave the old latch handle? The original Heartland latches are a different style, so they wouldn't match. I know I'm a bit OCD, and I'm wondering how it looks with different latch handles near each other?

Sandy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Exactly. So since they don't make a non locking latch handle, did you just leave the old latch handle? The original Heartland latches are a different style, so they wouldn't match. I know I'm a bit OCD, and I'm wondering how it looks with different latch handles near each other?

Sandy

They don't make a non-locking handle, but they make one that matches the keyless:

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/mechanical-handle/products/mechanical-compartment-handle

jbeletti

I received a message from Cade at RVLock that in a few weeks, they will be launching a handle with no lock - that can be used for the propane doors.

brianlajoie

If, when you order the baggage locks, you give them your key code for the door lock they will make sure all 3 (1 door and 2 slam lock baggage doors) use the same key. You can also program all 3 to the same remote or different remotes for baggage and door.

If you have the door lock, is the key code the number etched on the key? Seems simple enough. Do you need to call in this in or is there a way to put this on an on line order?

SNOKING

Ordered mine just after midnight this morning. At 40% off, could not turn the deal down as we had been talking about getting on.

Do they just give you a random key number selection? Can the lock cylinders from the current lock fit the new one?

Chris