Introducing new RVLock moderator

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I have the electronic key pad and the rubber surface where you press the combination is cracking. Is that a part I can replace or do I replace the whole unit?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Give them a call. That part is just held on with adhesive. Pull the old one off and stick a new one on.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Give them a call. That part is just held on with adhesive. Pull the old one off and stick a new one on.

Peace
Dave

Yep, had to replace our keypad membrane. Very easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVLockSupport

Welcome, RVlock has always been great to work with, welcome. A solution for my 2017 3800 Cyclone doors would be appreciate though. The inside pull handle is too close to the window frame of the door, making it almost imposible to get your fingers in to shut the door. SOLUTIONS?

The new style should be available soon! I'll be sure to make a note of it here when it becomes available. Thanks!

LBR

Update to my post #19 above....

Returned both RH door locks and both baggage locks for our CY about 3 weeks ago. Just got confirmation that the new style of RH door locks are shipping out...they are invoiced as the V4 "COMPACT".

Will post up a pic when they arrive and am sure they will fit our TH doors better than the original V4 style that I returned. Hope no grinding is needed and fitment completely covers the door cutouts. It would be awesome if the entire install will be a plug-n-play boltin.... yippee!

ATLJOHN

We have version 1.0 with key pad on side of trailer and no longer see the numbers. Can that be replaced or do I need a new pad. Also we just changed the batteries on the door handle and sometimes it beeps ever since we changed the batteries,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RVLockSupport

We have version 1.0 with key pad on side of trailer and no longer see the numbers. Can that be replaced or do I need a new pad. Also we just changed the batteries on the door handle and sometimes it beeps ever since we changed the batteries,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning. I apologize for this question being overlooked. The Vi3 replacement keypad is compatible with your version 1.0 system and can be found on our website here: https://www.rvlock.com/collections/...y-of-black-friday-wireless-keypad-replacement

Thanks!

RVLockSupport

Isn't there a replacement escutcheon available for that? Does the entire keypad have to be replaced for 60 bucks?

Peace
Dave

Good morning. Early version systems, such as your's, do not have replacement components available for the keypads. We offer a 1 one year warranty on all our systems but judging from the version of handle you have you would be outside of that warranty window by quite some time. We value our Heartland customers so I've set you up with a 25% discount on that keypad if you use webcode HRTLDRPL. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning. Early version systems, such as your's, do not have replacement components available for the keypads. We offer a 1 one year warranty on all our systems but judging from the version of handle you have you would be outside of that warranty window by quite some time. We value our Heartland customers so I've set you up with a 25% discount on that keypad if you use webcode HRTLDRPL. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks for the generous offer.
Actually I have an updated version and have replaced the outer membrane but was asking in response to ATLJOHN's post needing a new outer membrane.
By the way, we love the RVLock.

Peace
Dave

MikeR

I am replacing my existing Southco baggage door locks with locks from RV Lock. When installing the new locks, do I have to remove the existing plate (Southco) on the backside of the door? It is riveted in place and the rivets would have to be drilled out to remove it. The reason I ask, is that all of the mounting holes for the exterior portion of the new RV Lock line up with the Southco back plate.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am replacing my existing Southco baggage door locks with locks from RV Lock. When installing the new locks, do I have to remove the existing plate (Southco) on the backside of the door? It is riveted in place and the rivets would have to be drilled out to remove it. The reason I ask, is that all of the mounting holes for the exterior portion of the new RV Lock line up with the Southco back plate.

Yes Mike, that's were the "brains" of the RV Lock are. Drilling out the rivets is pretty easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk