Condensation concerns

MallardHead

Hello fellow Heartlanders and HAPPY HOLIDAYS...

This morning in the piedmont of NC we had some major weather changes ....from 30-40 highs to this morning woke up to a balmy 65 degrees..needless to say our Mallard M32 had some moisture on the outside which I figured would be the case because I believe we had some mist or light rain overnight but my concern was i opened the outside kitchen and the TV mounted there had that condensation moisture as well as the countertops.... I do believe it was from the humidity in the air but wanted to see if it should be of concern

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

Steve.Twoknee

I have the same camper, just the 2016 version. Can't say I've experienced the same thing, at least not yet. I wonder if a pack of DampRid in the outside kitchen might help? Couldn't hurt I guess.
Part of me wants to pull the fridge out, even the sink and wrap the back wall (starting just under the cabinets) and counter in some sort of tin as I can see this happening and my thinking is that if I could prevent any moisture from sitting on wood and dripping in unseen spaces I should!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MallardHead

I have the same camper, just the 2016 version. Can't say I've experienced the same thing, at least not yet. I wonder if a pack of DampRid in the outside kitchen might help? Couldn't hurt I guess.
Part of me wants to pull the fridge out, even the sink and wrap the back wall (starting just under the cabinets) and counter in some sort of tin as I can see this happening and my thinking is that if I could prevent any moisture from sitting on wood and dripping in unseen spaces I should!

Steve.... I really believe it was due to about 70 - 80% humidity here this morning but I am gonna do the damp rid in there and the front storage compartment....I love NC weather at times and hate it at others...so inconsistent... tomorrow we have rain and upper 30's after 70 degree day today

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

Steve.Twoknee

Your current weather sounds like Iowa weather in the spring! Fun stuff.
Was the door to the kitchen shut tight? I've noticed that my DW doesn't always give it the extra little push to secure the latch.
I'm still debating a tin wrap of some sort (putting the fridge and sink back in once done).
Damp Rid in the front storage is a solid idea as well. I'm also thinking about a small dehumidifier for the cabin as well due to our high summer humidity!

MallardHead

Your current weather sounds like Iowa weather in the spring! Fun stuff.
Was the door to the kitchen shut tight? I've noticed that my DW doesn't always give it the extra little push to secure the latch.
I'm still debating a tin wrap of some sort (putting the fridge and sink back in once done).
Damp Rid in the front storage is a solid idea as well. I'm also thinking about a small dehumidifier for the cabin as well due to our high summer humidity!

Not sure about the door being shut tight enough, could be the culprit ...

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32