Mail Forwarding Services

RVFun4Us

We were wondering what Extended Stay RVers do for mail forwarding services. The last time we were out in April and May, we used the U.S. Post Office mail forwarding service. The maximum amount of time for that service is 60 days. Although it was free, we found that we did not get all of our mail, in fact just this week found out we were overdue on a doctor's bill which was sent to us twice but returned to sender. They also have a Premium Forwarding Service where they send out your mail weekly in one envelope but it costs $10.00 to set up each time you activate and quite alot more each week you use it. We understand that many full-time RVers use Escapees and Good Sam services but they are located in another state and we still live in our home so want to keep that address alive. So would appreciate any comments or suggestions on what you all use if you are only gone for a period of one to three months. Thanks.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We use UPS for our mail forwarding. They charge different fees per month, depending on how long you want to pay in advance then they charge you the cost of sending the mail on top of that. On the whole, we have been happy with the service and have been using them for just over a year now,,, Lizzy

ps. they will filter out your junk mail if you ask them to.

RVFun4Us

Thanks for your response Oldlthrnecksgirl. Sounds like UPS has the same type of program as Escapees and Good Sam where you need to change your address on a more permanent basis. Does anyone else have suggestions on delivery of mail when you are an Extended RVer rather than a full-timer?

Princess Kathleen

We use ron@myhomeaddressinc.com this is his email address...you can check him out at his web site..... myhomeaddressinc.com . We have been using his services for 3 years and never a missed mailing. I email him a general deleivery address and he sends it out. I don't remember the amounts of fees, but he is very reliable.

PK

cjbearden

Visitor
We also use My Home Address and Ron has been very helpful in obtaining RV and Truck licenses for us and always sends out mail whenever we email him where to send it and when.

The only time we went to SD was to get our drivers' licenses last April and won't have to go again for five years.

There is another service in Rapid City that others use but Emery works for us.

CJ

Last edited:

silverfox

Earth Class Mail

Steve and I have been using Earth Class Mail since March and are very happy with it. As far as I know, they are the only company that offers scanning. They scan the envelope, you log on and decide if you need them to open the contents and scan it, shred it, or send it to you at your designated location. There is lots of flexibility and the service is fast compared to having the post office forward it to you.

HappyKayakers

Steve and I have been using Earth Class Mail since March and are very happy with it. As far as I know, they are the only company that offers scanning. They scan the envelope, you log on and decide if you need them to open the contents and scan it, shred it, or send it to you at your designated location. There is lots of flexibility and the service is fast compared to having the post office forward it to you.

St. Brendan's Isle (http://www.sbimailservice.com/) also scans envelopes and inside mail for an extra charge. But, these all sound like options that the OP does NOT want - namely changing their permanent address instead of just getting it forwarded for a few months.

How 'bout friendly neighbors or nearby family? If those aren't options, I think the post office is your only bet.