Dishwasher order YES or NO

mikeandconnie

We are in the process of ordering our third Landmark an Oshkosh. . trying to decide if the dishwasher is worth loosing the storage space? would appreciate pros and cons . Thank you

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
For resale value - yes. For practical purpose - no. As a user of the Landmark line, wish they offered it when we ordered our camper.

porthole

Retired
What do you want?

'If' you order it and decide down the road you have no use for it, you can always take it out and probably regain 1/3 or more of your cost.
'If' you don't order it and decide down the road you really did want it, there is a good chance you will never put one in.

Garypowell

I installed a dishwasher in my 2013 Big Horn right after we purchased it. One of the better mods I have done. We work on the road and at the end of the day it is really nice to simply push a button and have them done.

We have had zero problems with our grey tank.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We have a 2017 Landmark Orlando.We ordered it with the dishwasher. It really works good,you cannot not hear it working.It is not real big,but we can get 2 days of dishes in it.I would order it again.

Mburtsvt

I say yes - but the wife says no.

She would rather spend the money going out to dinner.

We do have a dishwasher in our Madison. I seem to be doing most of the dishes BTW.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you going to be full-timing? I would say, if you are used to doing dishes by hand, it's not that different to do them in the rig. If you are used to having a dishwasher, then get the dishwasher for the rig. That is the one chore I dislike -- washing dishes by hand -- when I used to have a machine that did it for me.

Erika

Crumgater

We bought the portable table-top model from camping world a few years ago. I love it!
Dave built a table for it to sit on, so it doesn't take any existing counter top or storage space, and if we don't need it for a short trip, we leave it at home.
Best of both worlds. :)

The picture shows the dishwasher on top, and portable ice maker on bottom - the ice maker keeps up with drinks and also refilling a cooler in the summertime (95+) without taking up freezer space.
P1060918.jpg

HOOKERUP

Just my DW and myself, no way could the amount of dishes we use could ever justify the cost of a dishwasher. Thats a lot of meals out for the cost.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We would rather have the storage space under the sink.
I always hand wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher at home anyway.
So I don't mind hand washing them in the RV.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We are in the process of ordering our third Landmark an Oshkosh. . trying to decide if the dishwasher is worth loosing the storage space? would appreciate pros and cons . Thank you

Only you can answer the question of it's value vs the value you place on storage. For us, Nancy does the dishes and she loves having a dishwashing machine. We will "find" room to store stuff that we would normally have stored in the space the dishwasher takes up.

Pros:
- The Fisher&Paykel unit now used in LM is a REAL nice unit and does a great job

Cons:
- It's an expensive luxury item
- You will need to find space for the rest of your stuff

BigGuy82

If there's just two of you, I'd vote no. Takes a long time to run up enough dishes just to justify running it (let alone the acquisition cost), especially when breakfast/lunch are either out or on paper plates.

If you like all the bells and whistles, go for it.

At leasdt that's my opinion ...

BigGuy82

Are you going to be full-timing? I would say, if you are used to doing dishes by hand, it's not that different to do them in the rig. If you are used to having a dishwasher, then get the dishwasher for the rig. That is the one chore I dislike -- washing dishes by hand -- when I used to have a machine that did it for me.

Erika

It just occurred to me. If you're going to get all dirty putting the pin in when you hitch up, the least your better half could do is clean the dishes ...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It just occurred to me. If you're going to get all dirty putting the pin in when you hitch up, the least your better half could do is clean the dishes ...

Actually, he mostly cooks, so I do dishes. We're pretty balanced.

I don't mind doing the hookup/unhook stuff (he backs truck/pulls truck forward.) I put the chocks in, I do the leveling, too. He handles sewer, water, cable/sat hookups. We get done faster that way.

And it never fails, we are getting set up as it gets dark, or about to storm, or it's feeezing, or it's burning up, or.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk