CPAP - DC Power Powering

RoadJunkie

Good morning, new owner looking for thoughts. Thinking of putting a marine deep cycle battery under the bed along with a 600 watt convertor. Put a cutoff switch between the two so not to drain battery when not in use. My purpose is to get more nights of usage before charging is needed. Trying to avoid $329 battery pack that needs charging almost daily. Please don't worry about hurting my feelings. Frying my system is more important than my feeling. LOL

Where do you plan to vent the battery as it sits charging under the bed? Also, converter will likely make some sort of noise, humm or fan, so it may disturb sleeping.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Len brought up a very important point about venting the battery.
I have been contemplating adding an inverter for my wifes C-PAP but I would either tap the house battery or if adding another it would be mounted near the other batteries with cable running to the bedroom with a dedicated 12 volt plug.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

I added a new 12V 20A breaker to the front compartment and ran 10GA wire to the utility area behind the universal docking station into a distribution box. Each run from there has it's own fuse. Two are for the LED lights in the cabinets and one is for the CPAP in the bedroom.

By the way, if you have Kaiser health care, then you can request the DC cable at no cost for your CPAP machine.

Bookoo

Thank you guys, See, never thought about venting (embarrassed to say), but this is why I asked. I just ordered a dc power convertor 84.00 and will put a battery in the front hatch area next to the other two batteries. Have been talking to supplier of convertor and have a great plan. Thanks again. Loving this forum.

wdk450

Thank you guys, See, never thought about venting (embarrassed to say), but this is why I asked. I just ordered a dc power convertor 84.00 and will put a battery in the front hatch area next to the other two batteries. Have been talking to supplier of convertor and have a great plan. Thanks again. Loving this forum.

You might want to look into a sealed lead acid battery. They don't vent hydrogen gas.

sla battery.jpg