Coach Net

New to 5th wheeling.

On our last trip to Florida with our Class C, towing a car dolly and car of course, had an issue
with the car dolly brakes.
One of the calipers broke and locked up the wheel with all the necessary smoke.

We have AAA plus Rv and assumed that the would cover the tow.
We happened to have an issue on our return trip back to NJ. 40 miles south of Wilmington, NC on 17 North.
It seems that AAA N&S Carolina do not tow car trailers. After waiting for over an hour for our local rep to try to solve the issue
we ended fixing it our self.

Anybody have good or bad to say about Coach Net roadside assistance?

Seems that according to there website this would be a covered repair.

Thanks
Tom

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have both Good Sams Emergency Roadside assistance and Coach Net. In over 14 years of towing, we haven't had to use any emergency services. A little info about how these systems work. Both GS and CN contract wrecker/mobile service techs for roadside assistance. Some of these contracts are area restricted and might have limitations on towing to a local service stations or dealerships set by GS/CN. Also, the wrecker/service tech might be busy on another call that's not under contract therefore won't respond immediately. We have a friend who owns a wrecker service that's under contract with GS and said as long as they are not busy, they will respond immediately but if on a repo job or another wreck, it might take awhile before they will respond.

jbeletti

I've never had AAA but like you found out, they can be particular. One example I know about first hand was at a rally where the sites were grass. It rained A LOT and people got stuck trying to pull their rigs off the grass and onto the interior road, a few feet away. A friend who had AAA was told they considered his rig (5th wheel and truck) to be "off road" and therefore not covered. He was off the interior road and backed onto his grass site. Picky, picky!

I have no experience with Coach Net but have heard good things about it.

I have had many years experience with Good Sam ERS and can attest to it being very good. It's very RV oriented so their reps and scripts are pretty good. I still double check them by contacting the tow service they arrange for me to confirm the right equipment is being sent by their contractor.

rxbristol

Have had Coach Net for years. One year I used them four times--three blowouts and one flat (and people wonder why I now have 18 ply lowboy tires). One time, they went way above and beyond to get me additional help that their company was not obligated to do. They stuck by me and I've stuck to them.

jbeletti

Have had Coach Net for years. One year I used them four times--three blowouts and one flat (and people wonder why I now have 18 ply lowboy tires). One time, they went way above and beyond to get me additional help that their company was not obligated to do. They stuck by me and I've stuck to them.

That's a great Coach Net testimonial Rex. Thanks for sharing.

BighornELK

We currently have CN and began using them in April 2016. We used them once for my wife's car and were very pleased. They responded within 45 minutes, and towed the car to a dealership for repair. The tow distance was about 40 miles, and we were not charged.