WOW! Heartland Just Continues To Grow

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I like the pre-delivery inspection facility aspect if that's what the true meaning is suppose to be. The question is how are they going to check all the rigs coming off the line, or is it going to be like one here and another there, missing alot of the problems.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hopefully the powers that be have realized there are a substantial number of complaints about Heartlands floating around on the internet. (Some justified, some not, but they are out there.)

Heartland has a great product with more bang for the buck than anyone. But the sweetness of the deal is long forgotten if the rig has to go back to the dealer for repairs after the first trip.

Better to have "higher initial quality" than the other guys, and you'll build brand loyally much faster. You can't convert them after they've had their rig in the shop more than they've got to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I hope they actually follow thru on the PDI facility and use it as it should be. That would be a huge step up for any RV mfg. Time will tell. Hopefully management will let us know how it's used. Word of mouth from satisfied customers sells more rv's than all the ads. As someone else said "Quality is job 1"

rono

When we visited the Heartland and grand design factories back in sept of 2016 we got to see grand designs pdi building and thought wow what a great idea. I think they take ever unit through the pdi process. I believe forest river has a dedicated pdi building too. Thanks Heartland for stepping up to the plate. Now just make sure it is use to its fullest extent.

farside291

That would be awesome if the PDI facility actually inspects all units off the line. I really want a Newport in a couple of years but we are afraid of the Quality control issues that have been coming up. I consider myself sort of lucky, my problems were not Heartland issues but dealer service created issues. Once the created problems were fixed we have had zero issues with the Big Country. Its been almost 3 years of trips and many thousands of miles with not a single issue. Boy, I sure hope I didn't jinx it

nscaler2

I like the pre-delivery inspection facility aspect if that's what the true meaning is suppose to be. The question is how are they going to check all the rigs coming off the line, or is it going to be like one here and another there, missing alot of the problems.

If you can take the press release at their word, it appears that somehow ALL the units will undergo a PDI before being shippped. Quote:

“The PDI facility will allow for all of Heartland's units to undergo an inspection of stringent pre-delivery conditions that must be passed prior to shipment. This process will allow us to ship units to dealers that are prepared for display on their lots with the level of quality consumers expect.”