setting up tow vehicle and camper

tessa

hi- we have a garmin 760LMT. this is my first 5th wheel and I was wondering how to set up the GPS as far as length and weight.
do you do the overall of the truck and camper? or?

thanks

Steve

olcoon

If I remember correctly, in the top left hand corner of the screen you should see an icon of a car. Click on that & it will ask you if you want to change vehicles or will give you an option of auto or RV. Click on the RV & I think it will ask if you want to create a new profile, click on that & it should start leading you through the steps. It will help if you already have the measurements, length, width, height and weight. Keep in mind this is total for your tow vehicle, and rig. I had already had these handy before I started.

If this isn't correct, here is a link to the owners manual on Garmin's website, which goes more in depth than what you get with the unit. If you still have problems PM me & I'll get mine out & go from there.

danemayer

I would enter the combined weight of truck and trailer, and the combined length. Those values will cause the GPS to route you around roads and bridges that won't support you, and roads where the length would be a problem.