By 3270 2017 vs 2018?

Howdy Folks,

Donna and I have been around the block and back, but currently own SOB. We are considering downsizing and really like the 3270.

Does anyone have knowledge of what changes HL has in the works for the 2018 model?

The MorRyde CRE 3000 and shocks is this a noticeable difference from standard suspension?

Do you think the factory would at a cost upgrade to MorRyde SRE 4000?

Thanks and more ? to come.

Curtis

Restofrank

Howdy Folks,

Donna and I have been around the block and back, but currently own SOB. We are considering downsizing and really like the 3270.

Does anyone have knowledge of what changes HL has in the works for the 2018 model?

The MorRyde CRE 3000 and shocks is this a noticeable difference from standard suspension?

Do you think the factory would at a cost upgrade to MorRyde SRE 4000?

Thanks and more ? to come.

Curtis
Hi Curtis,

Three weeks ago we ordered a 3270RS and last week I found out that it's going to be a 2018
the only difference that I know of is the new upgraded roof that the factory is now using in 2018, it seams like there were more changes from early 2017 to late 2017, stove top, steps and larger window over the stove top.

Frank

bthornto

Here's a list of what we noticed... 2 piece furion oven and cooktop instead of single. Legless dining room table. USB ports by bed. Decorative paneling behind headboard. Ceiling looks more like plank wood than wallpaper. Roof construction is different, batt insulation, no fantastic fan in kitchen. Carpet under 3 seat couch doesn't extend to heat register. Exterior storage being fireplace. Wire rack above convection oven instead of cabinet. This is all from memory so please forgive me if I've got something wrong! :)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

T

TomMontague

Just noticed your post. We do not have the option for the SRE 4000 system. Mor-ryde can upgrade for you but we cannot.

As for additional changes we have had a few. We change on the fly so to speak in this industry and not just when model change comes around.

We have a new dinette light, we have a new island front, we have new decor glass, new entertainment center with larger tv, new USB ports on either side of the sofa, theatre seats are now standard, EL units have taller slides on both sides of the coach in the living room, we now have the upgraded Furrion kitchen appliances, USB ports on both sides of the bed, updated carpet, updated Lino, pull-out trash cans in most if not every island, legless dinette table, new pass-through storage flooring, new graphics & painted front & rear caps, we just changed roof construction as well. We went from a laminated roof to a roof truss system so we could have some additional flexibility to at some point add an additional 3rd A/C At this point we don't have that option but it's hopefully coming within the year. We were also able to improve the efficiency of the A/C system and increase the amount of ducts that provide A/C. The new roof is a touch lighter as well which helps with carrying capacity. I'm sure there are some other things I'm forgetting and when I get to the office I'll try adding to the list but these are most of the things that have changed within the last year.

I hope this helps. We would love to have you in the Bighorn family.

Talk soon.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TomMontague

Please note these changes are for ALL floor plans and not individual floor plans. We try to do as many things across the board as possible. One exception - the kitchen vent fan is still available in all floor plans except the 3010 and 3270.

Thx
Tom

NYSUPstater

Tom,

Tho on a BH, is the legless dinette std across the board as well (BC, LM)? How well does it support at far end of attachment point? Any means of a "hidden" leg at far end of table for support? Not and engineer here, but seems w/o any support at far end, puts a lot of stress where it's attached and thus making for a fail to rip away from the wall.

Just noticed your post. We do not have the option for the SRE 4000 system. Mor-ryde can upgrade for you but we cannot.

As for additional changes we have had a few. We change on the fly so to speak in this industry and not just when model change comes around.

We have a new dinette light, we have a new island front, we have new decor glass, new entertainment center with larger tv, new USB ports on either side of the sofa, theatre seats are now standard, EL units have taller slides on both sides of the coach in the living room, we now have the upgraded Furrion kitchen appliances, USB ports on both sides of the bed, updated carpet, updated Lino, pull-out trash cans in most if not every island, legless dinette table, new pass-through storage flooring, new graphics & painted front & rear caps, we just changed roof construction as well. We went from a laminated roof to a roof truss system so we could have some additional flexibility to at some point add an additional 3rd A/C At this point we don't have that option but it's hopefully coming within the year. We were also able to improve the efficiency of the A/C system and increase the amount of ducts that provide A/C. The new roof is a touch lighter as well which helps with carrying capacity. I'm sure there are some other things I'm forgetting and when I get to the office I'll try adding to the list but these are most of the things that have changed within the last year.

I hope this helps. We would love to have you in the Bighorn family.

Talk soon.
Tom

Thanks Tom, this type of response is what attracted us to HL. We would love to get a close up look at the 3270. Looks like not much stock in our area 75979. Closest I can find is at CW in Katy TX about 2.5 hour. If you know something closer or in transit please advise.

Curtis

Nuclearcowboy

Tom,

Tho on a BH, is the legless dinette std across the board as well (BC, LM)? How well does it support at far end of attachment point? Any means of a "hidden" leg at far end of table for support? Not and engineer here, but seems w/o any support at far end, puts a lot of stress where it's attached and thus making for a fail to rip away from the wall.

We have the legless table and the support is very rigid and strong, surprisingly so. I wouldn't be concerned with this at all.....and I am an engineer.:)

esscobra

Had my legless table loaded with added leaf- 4 people with food and pots on table and no issues- beefy steel mount and pretty sure its mounted to wall framing

Restofrank

Can anyone comment on this? I thought that I read somewhere that the 2018s didn't have a radio or DVD player installed in them from the factory. Hopefully it's not true. I have a 2018 in the making.

mlpeloquin

One recommendation I would suggest is to opt for full body paint. Our 2014 Big Horn has the decals. My neighbors car popped out of park and rolled into my slide. It is an early 2014 and has one of the two 2013 decals. One of them is no longer available. So in the future it is going to start looking funny. It will not help us when we want to upgrade.

CoveredWagon

One recommendation I would suggest is to opt for full body paint. Our 2014 Big Horn has the decals. My neighbors car popped out of park and rolled into my slide. It is an early 2014 and has one of the two 2013 decals. One of them is no longer available. So in the future it is going to start looking funny. It will not help us when we want to upgrade.

you can have a lot of custom decals made for under $10,000