Gray Water Tank Overflow

SilverRhino

Recently we were camping without sewer connections and filled the gray water tanks to the top. Dumped the tanks into our Barker Tote so I took 42 gallons out of system.

When we went to leave a couple of days later, lowered the front of the trailer to hitch up and had gray water coming out of the underbelly. I have not taken the under belly skin off to look, but wondered where this water came from. Is there some type of vent on the top of the tank.....or do I have a leak in the system?

Thanks for any input!

Travel Safe!

mlpeloquin

Recently we were camping without sewer connections and filled the gray water tanks to the top. Dumped the tanks into our Barker Tote so I took 42 gallons out of system.

When we went to leave a couple of days later, lowered the front of the trailer to hitch up and had gray water coming out of the underbelly. I have not taken the under belly skin off to look, but wondered where this water came from. Is there some type of vent on the top of the tank.....or do I have a leak in the system?

Thanks for any input!

Travel Safe!

It could be that the seals on the valve, which are inside the under belly, are leaking. You would be surprised how much gray water can leak into the underbelly with a small drip over night. You need to expose the valve and have water in the tank to see. The gray water is considered hazardous waste. You really need to allow it to drain into a tote and pour it down the drain. Poke a hole in the center of the dip in the coroplast and let it drain out. Been there and done that!

richheck

Seasoned Member
More than likely when you overfilled the tank there was some leakage from the top of the tank where the inlet and vent pipes enter the tank. Like already mentioned try to drain the liner and then watch for anymore additional leakage. If it stops it was the top of the tank, if it continues then you probably have a valve issue.