What is a Brand for a good Weather Radio?

Georgia_Biker

I am not sure where this topic should be.

We recently had a Thunderstorm sneak up on us with a Tornado attached to it. We were OK but, my wife says we need a weather radio. What does everyone use?

Thanks

I agree with your wife.
I have the Reecom Brand model R-1630, brought on line, for around $50.00.
This also has battery backup.
Durning the night is when you especially need the weather radio.
I would not be without one.
Be advised you have to reset the radio when you get to your new destination with the county you are in, real easy to do.
This is a great companion for your Cell phone weather forecast.

Hockster

danemayer

When we lived in Austin, I got a weather radio and tuned it to our county. But it was constantly alarming for storms in the area that were not of concern to us. I want to hear an alarm when we're in danger, but not when an area 30 miles away is triggering the alarm.

The Red Cross Tornado App seems to provide relevant warnings while leaving out the irrelevant ones. And there are many other app choices that provide storm tracking details.

Lynn1130

There are several apps for smart phones that have warnings that you can active or deactivate for the particular area you are in and specific dangers. I have several that I use, like now, since I am in Kansas turkey hunting and Kansas in April/May can have exciting weather, I have them all activated for the area I an in. I am not bothered with alerts 100 miles away. Generally my phone is always with me and a weather radio might be left where I am staying while I am somewhere else. Makes more sense to have it on my person.

1. The Weather Channel App
2. MyRadar App
3. NOAA Radar App