Induction Cooktop power (wattage)

CoChris

We are looking at a Big Horn 3160 and see there is an option for an Induction Cooktop. My wife really likes the idea. I am not so sure, but guess who does the cooking and more importantly has the final say? :rolleyes:. We expect to be hooked up to shore power most of the time, but I do not want to rule out the occasional dry docking (either by choice or if forced to).

Can anyone tell me the maximum (and if possible typical) power (wattage) draw for the cooktop?
If not, can anyone tell met he brand and model (and I will try to dig up the factory info)?
Can it run off the inverter or only on generator/shore power?
And lastly any experience with reliability (or any other pit falls) of the Induction Cooktops ?

Thank you for your help

CoChris

I swear I "searched" for induction cooktop" before posting my question. Honest. I probably mistype some part. After posting I did find a number of related posts. Looks like (if it is the same unit used in the Landmarks in 2014) that it is an 1800W, 120v unit. A True Induction S2F2 unit. So those were my first two questions. I have read a couple of the articles on failures (and glass damage), but please feel free to add your replies to this thread. Still wondering if the induction cook top can practically be run off of the inverter for a meal or two (or at all).

Thank you again.
Lots of great information (and helpful people) on this forum.

rxbristol

I replaced the gas stove/oven with an induction cooktop and have had no problems while hooked up. If we don't have power, I use the grill or a portable gas burner I carry.

CoChris

I replaced the gas stove/oven with an induction cooktop and have had no problems while hooked up. If we don't have power, I use the grill or a portable gas burner I carry.

Thank you for the suggestion. I see a number of people use a separate gas powered cook unit as either a back up or when they occasionally need a third element. I think that would answer my needs.

Again thank you
Happy camping