3rd A/C unit

My wife Stacey and I have been living full-time in our 2017 LM Charleston for about a year now. We have finally come back to the south and the tremendous heat and humidity. While inspecting our roof I noticed our 3rd roof A/C (located at the back) isn't even coming on. The middle one is keeping it cool but is not cycling because it's doing the entire cooling job. Is it a thermostat issue? Or Zone 2? I've tried seeing if there is a program function, but can't seem to isolate it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

Hi BrianStaceyErnst67,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am pretty sure on the newer units with 3 a/c you can only run 2 at a time, but can change which ones run. I think some folks have made a change to wiring where they can have all 3 running, but I'll let some of our other members that have the Landmark jump in with some good info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

I noticed our 3rd roof A/C (located at the back) isn't even coming on. The middle one is keeping it cool but is not cycling because it's doing the entire cooling job. Is it a thermostat issue? Or Zone 2? I've tried seeing if there is a program function, but can't seem to isolate it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hi BrianStacey,

Landmark 365 with 3 air conditioners can run them all simultaneously when on 50 amp shore power. There are 3 separate thermostats - each using a single zone. All are ducted together and contribute to cooling.

Power is managed by your Precision Controls System. If you have other loads running, like the electric water heater, the induction cooktop, the microwave/convection, the washer/dryer, the PCS will shed loads to stay within the available power. When too much power is being used, the PCS sheds the Water Heater 120V operation first, followed by the rear air conditioner.

First, locate the thermostat and set it to cool, dropping the set point to something like 60(F) so it'll keep running. Then I'd suggest you switch the water heater to 12V/Propane operation, turn off the washer/dryer, microwave, and cooktop, and recheck operation of the rear unit. When the PCS interrupts operation of the A/C unit, the blower still runs, but the compressor is shut off.