Rv gps

fastcarsspeed

You don't need to be connected, but if you don't have cell capability, I don't think you'll have a GPS chip and the device won't know where you are.

Dan almost all IPads have GPS built into them even if they do not have Cell capability. They are used for the find my apple product features and such.

george637

I just completed a camping trip from Illinois to Mississippi and back, using RV CoPilot. I could not be happier with the CoPilot app. It gave precise directions, ETA, etc. It also had extra features, like the ability to find the weather conditions for your destination. I'm glad I returned the Garmin and bought the RV CoPilot app.

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
[quote name="fastcarsspeed" post=553617]n You could use an IPad that does not have cell signal but you would not get the live updates.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
You don't need to be connected, but if you don't have cell capability, I don't think you'll have a GPS chip and the device won't know where you are.

Not True

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer

Regarding whether every iPad ever sold or currently sold has a GPS chip, there's no need to debate. Download the free trial of the software and you'll know pretty quickly whether your iPad has a GPS chip.

garyroee

I have just bought Garmin 760LMT Portable GPS Navigator. Fantastic. We traveled all across Canada, and all across the US, and this really helped our journey. I really like the voice command feature, and the way it finds the nearest gas station. Only issue (for me) is that I have not yet figrued out how to save preferred routes.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I did end up getting the larger Rand McNally 7-inch screen RV GPS Android Tablet device...and it is awesome!

Does anything that any phone app will do plus more!

It works just like any GPS when just travelling, but when you connect to the Wifi in your cell phone...it just can't be beat!

$350 buckeroonies...

Attachments

• GPSmountRVND7-PC060544.jpg
    GPSmountRVND7-PC060544.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 16

Daley07

After deliberating between the Garmin RV 785 and 890, I chose the Garmin RV 890 motorhome. Because it has 16 GB of internal memory, a large screen, a resolution of 1280 800 pixels... That's what I like about this satellite navigation device. Additionally, the Garmin RV 890 also has Bluetooth functionality, allowing me to pair it with a compatible smartphone to make and receive calls, receive messages, and receive notifications without pressing any buttons.

Last edited:

wdk450

I am pretty sure that there are LAWS in force for about 10 years saying that all smartphones have GPS capabilities for 911 response issues.

tomhank

I prefer to use Garmin. Garmin's Active Lane Guidance is a unique feature that is included in all of their GPS models. This feature aids whoever is driving the RV in determining the best path to take. It saves them a lot of time and work, and they can get to their destination sooner.

southernlady5464

I am pretty sure that there are LAWS in force for about 10 years saying that all smartphones have GPS capabilities for 911 response issues.
But are the apps required to work with them?

We have a Garmin RV GPS, Lifetime updates and the ONLY time it got us in trouble was in NYS with the thruways. We emailed Garmin with the pertinent data to prove the issue. Photos from along the route as well as documentation from the parkway website itself. Hopefully they updated that but it just proves, no system is infallible.