Mobile repair in Phoenix, AZ area?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Does anyone have knowledge of a good mobile rv tech in the Phoenix area that will work with Heartland on warranty issues?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Phoenix area

Mike, you can call Heartland and they should be able to help you with techs they have worked with before. What's wrong, maybe the forum can help? You can work directly with Heartland to get parts to fix things yourself if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Normally I do have Heartland send me the parts and I do the work myself. The entire light fixture over the dinette fell off of the ceiling, ripped about a 6 inch gash in the paneling, smashed the globe, and ruined a screen when it hit the window as well as putting a huge dent in the table. It was only held up with two screws. I cannot see a way to install the new fixture because I cannot feel any backing behind the paneling, so Heartland gets to deal with it. My call to Heartland got the ball rolling but the person on the phone told me I needed to find a mobile tech myself so that is what I am attempting to do.

Lynn1130

Blue Agave Mobile RV Repair. 602-628-6993

One of the owners/techs (Tim)used to work on my rig/s when he was Al's RV. He always did good work then and they have good ratings now, since, he has gone out on his own.

TravelTiger

Normally I do have Heartland send me the parts and I do the work myself. The entire light fixture over the dinette fell off of the ceiling, ripped about a 6 inch gash in the paneling, smashed the globe, and ruined a screen when it hit the window as well as putting a huge dent in the table. It was only held up with two screws. I cannot see a way to install the new fixture because I cannot feel any backing behind the paneling, so Heartland gets to deal with it. My call to Heartland got the ball rolling but the person on the phone told me I needed to find a mobile tech myself so that is what I am attempting to do.

Ack! Yep, that's gotta be handled by someone else. Sorry for the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

You are not a hassle.:cool:

Haha, I probably was "hassling" you, but I meant sorry you are having to hassle with poor construction on your new rig. Can you post a pic? I'd like to see what it looks like (before and after?)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Haha, I probably was "hassling" you, but I meant sorry you are having to hassle with poor construction on your new rig. Can you post a pic? I'd like to see what it looks like (before and after?)

Yes I will. If memory serves I should be able to remember to do so.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Here is what it did when it detached. The two holes are from the only two screws holding it up.

BC dining room 3.JPG

It also damaged the screen.

BC dining room screen 1.JPG

Still waiting on Heartland to send me parts.

wdk450

I don't know how involved you will be in the repair, but if the new fixture is to be mounted in the same way (into thin paneling and not into a stud) you might be interested in the type of anchor I have found to hold well for things like a handrail, and the entire vertical cabinet on my island in the kitchen. This anchor helps spread out the stress on the paneling reducing the possibility of screw pulling out. Here is a picture:
metal wall anchor.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I don't know how involved you will be in the repair, but if the new fixture is to be mounted in the same way (into thin paneling and not into a stud) you might be interested in the type of anchor I have found to hold well for things like a handrail, and the entire vertical cabinet on my island in the kitchen. This anchor helps spread out the stress on the paneling reducing the possibility of screw pulling out. Here is a picture:
View attachment 55826

Thank you. I am going to let this guy handle it but will keep this idea for any future repairs. The Blue Agave recommendation was called and is already an hour late this morning. Hoping he is better at repairs...

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I must also say, just finding out this morning, that Heartland has been less than desirable to work with this go around. After a month nothing has been worked out with any of our warranty issues.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wish I had seen this sooner...

Sun City RV did us right when we had our wheel bearing burnout on our Trail Runner in Phoenix.