Favorite Portable Pellet Grill

esscobra

almost bought traeger tailgater during Christmas sale - then citbank rewards had 10% discount on home depot gift cards- so used rewards point and ordered from home depot- been very happy with unit- I empty pellets and store in separate bin, stand on end and fold legs - then lift end with wheels in first and slide into basement- had since feb and been very pleased with it- end up having to keep making briskets now-

Gaffer

I have a large Traeger at home and the table top in the BH.
Used it all winter for all baking and grilling. Steak, chicken, stuffed peppers, scalloped potatoes and the worlds best meatloaf. Worked great.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I bought the Rec Tec Trailblazer a couple of months ago. I also looked at a Traeger of similar size and they did not seem to be built as well. I can still get this grill up into the front storage by myself but an assistant makes it easier. I bought mine after eating some food off of one in LA cooked by a certain GA chapter leader. The fact that the legs collapse for transport is nice too. While the wifi control is nice, the built in probe ports are an even better feature.

jbeletti

I bought the Rec Tec Trailblazer a couple of months ago. I also looked at a Traeger of similar size and they did not seem to be built as well. I can still get this grill up into the front storage by myself but an assistant makes it easier. I bought mine after eating some food off of one in LA cooked by a certain GA chapter leader. The fact that the legs collapse for transport is nice too. While the wifi control is nice, the built in probe ports are an even better feature.

A "certain GA Chapter Leader".. Hm... :)

Just received my first WiFi controller. It will go in the RV to upgrade my RecTec mini. Two more to come to upgrade the other two RecTecs at home. Smoke on Mike!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
A "certain GA Chapter Leader".. Hm... :)

Just received my first WiFi controller. It will go in the RV to upgrade my RecTec mini. Two more to come to upgrade the other two RecTecs at home. Smoke on Mike!

I am getting a new one as well. They updated the software not to long ago and now my controller will not connect to blue tooth. Loving this smoker though!!

jbeletti

I am getting a new one as well. They updated the software not to long ago and now my controller will not connect to blue tooth. Loving this smoker though!!

Are you saying the WiFi controller also has Bluetooth? I didn’t know that.

Cooked a nice fillet of Sockeye Salmon on my Mini last night. Yum :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I have a large Traeger at home and the table top in the BH.
Used it all winter for all baking and grilling. Steak, chicken, stuffed peppers, scalloped potatoes and the worlds best meatloaf. Worked great.

The pellet grills are really pellet fed convection ovens. Your food sounds great. I too especially like how Meatloaf turns out.

Paul Alfano makes some great pizzas on his too.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One new WiFi controller going in today, one more to go.
I didn't know about Bluetooth but I'd rather have WiFi anyway.

Peace
Dave

bassettd

We have the Rec Tech Trailblazer and love it. With the Bluetooth we can be at the pool or store and my dh can start it up so we are ready to put the meat on when we get back to the campsite. We have had the large Rec Tech at home for several years now.

jbeletti

One new WiFi controller going in today, one more to go.
I didn't know about Bluetooth but I'd rather have WiFi anyway.

Peace
Dave

I’ve packed my first WIFi controller in the RV. We head out this Saturday for 7 weeks. Plan to install it on the road somewhere. Hope my second controller arrives this week before we leave. Then, hope to snag my 3rd controller this Wednesday. Then I’ll be set!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Then, hope to snag my 3rd controller this Wednesday. Then I’ll be set!

There is no longer a Wednesday lotto.
Only order now is on their web site.
Shipping late August.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Wow - now out to mid-September!

IMG_8753.jpg

Glad I got two of them already. Just ordered the 3rd. It's arrival will work out well with our return home from this long trip.

jbeletti

Tonight, my wife made a deep dish pizza in a 10" cast iron skillet. She baked it in the oven at 425 but no reason that couldn't be done on a pellet grill. I'm game :)

pjones1969

Tonight, my wife made a deep dish pizza in a 10" cast iron skillet. She baked it in the oven at 425 but no reason that couldn't be done on a pellet grill. I'm game :)

I’ll have to try that, sounds good, we’ve been doing thin crust on an elevated cooling rack

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We cook/bake a number of recipes in cast iron...
Here’s loaded (smoked breakfast sausage) mac & cheese on the traeger

88960c7bad6d54ac19d4bccc545e1637.jpg

pjones1969

We cook/bake a number of recipes in cast iron...
Here’s loaded (smoked breakfast sausage) mac & cheese on the traeger

88960c7bad6d54ac19d4bccc545e1637.jpg

Looks good, we’ve used cast iron for street corn, grilled onions and mushrooms and a few other things.

We’re on a stuffed jalapeño kick now, found doing them whole and upright works best for our preference, Academy has a SS rack that comes with a corer and works well. We clean them out, add a piece of string cheese and fill in the voids with softened cream cheese, wrap a piece of bacon around the top and put on until the bottom tips are burnt, recently added some small shrimp to the mix and on the very top, they went fast at the campground, I got 1 out of 24