Roadside assistance plans

mdw1003

Hello, all.

I've had Good Sam Roadside Assistance for 7 yrs. Had a flat tire on my "brand new, just picked up from the factory" 24 ft. enclosed cargo trailer. Thought I was covered for a tire change but found out they don't cover ANY enclosed trailers no matter what plan you have with them! Talked to AAA about there plans and, believe it or not, they will only cover an enclosed trailer "if it is empty"!!! Sorry, but "WTF"!

Does anybody out there have roadside assistance coverage the does cover their enclosed trailer?

I'd love to hear if you do!

Mike Woodyard
2011 Bighorn 3610 RE (soon the be 2018 BH 3970 RD)

chiefneon

Howdy!

We had both GS ERS and Coach Net. I’ll stay with CN. I believe they cover any towable that’s one of the reasons we switched years ago to them.

”Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

WillyBill

I added the Roadside Assistance "RV" plan to my Allstate policy. $100/year and covers both the tow vehicle and my triple axle Cyclone. My sons have the auto only version and used it two weeks ago when his car died on way home from work. They use the same service companies that AAA and the like use. Just call a toll free number and they send someone out, so we're satisfied so far.:cool:

WB

CarterKraft

AAA has saved my bacon several times unfortunately.

Several of the times were truck/car only.

The most recent time was my truck/TT combo and involved towing both the 185 miles back to my house. That got tricky as even though I had Premier RV coverage they would not cover the tow for the RV the 185 miles, I am unsure if they would tow it at all actually.

Again we got lucky and my MIL who was with us also had Premier RV and we used her 200 mile tow to tow the trailer. Both tow bills were$1300 as paid by AAA.

mdw1003

Thanks for the replies to my post.

I went ant with Coach-Net. $179.00 covers both my vehicles, 5th wheel, Honda trike, and my enclosed cargo trailer.

Having the same problem deciding and after reading several posts it looks like Good Sams and Coachnet are about equal in their praises.
Not sure what to do.
Good Sams is cheaper

MARK & PEGGY TURNBOUGH #3654
Bonne Terre, Missouri
Peggy - Retired School Teacher
Mark - Retired Pastor
HOC Member since April 2017

2017 Big Horn 3270RS
Progressive EMS 50c Hard Wired System
Morryde Rubber Pin Box

2016 Ford F-250, 6.7 Diesel, King Ranch
Loadlifter Ultimate 5000 Air Bags
TST 507RV Tire Monitoring System
B&W Turn Over Ball - Companion 20K Hitch

Rallies Attended
North Center Regional Rally, Ludington MI, June 2018
Heartland states visited.jpg

avvidclif

The owner of Good Sams/Camping World stated if you voted for Trump he didn't want your business. I took him at his word and refuse to renew GS or shop at Camping Worlf.