Wheel pressure rating.

lightfire

What is the max wheel pressure rating for the steel wheels and the optional aluminum wheels (are they the same?) on the 21FBS and the 15" on the 24RL? The Wheel rating - not the tire rating.
Can a 15" wheel be installed on the 21FBS?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
lightfire, the wheel ratings are either stamped on steel wheels or forged into alloy wheels on the back side of the wheel. The pressure ratings should coincide with the load range/max psi of the tire on the wheel. Sometimes the wheel rating exceeds the tire rating that comes with the trailer. In that instance you can put heavier load range tires on the trailer. Just remember to never exceed the wheel ratings. I cant answer your question regarding wheel fitments because I don't know the lug size pattern on the trailers. Generally if it's a 5 lug pattern on a trailer wheel, they are all the same. As long as you keep the tire diameter very close, you should be fine.

lightfire

Hi and thanks for replying.
I am looking for the specific wheel ratings on these trailers so I can compare upgrading to a better tire. Doesn't do a whole lot of good to get an "E" rated tire if the wheel will not handle the pressure. And apparently they vary depending on the wheel source.
I don't have one of these yet trailers yet to physically look at the rating.
I am a big believer in over-engineering; if I can put a better tire on I will :)

M

Mcreech

Here are the answers.......14" Aluminum Rim max 50PSI
15" Aluminum Rim max 80PSI..........

Also, the 15" tires will rub the bottom of the wheel well on the 21FBS TT