Looking for info on LCI LevelUp OneControl touch panel

dlent

I have a question and do not know, how to create a new thread.

I am trying to locate the LCI (Lippert Controls inc) wireless network information for the OneControl panel. On page 9 of the owners manual for LCI Level Up OneControl touch panel, they show a photo of this, however, I've NOT been able to find it on our New Unit.

Seems like the videos as provided and the documentation does NOT at all match with what I should have. In seeing what seems to be my
capibilities, it seems as though this new LCI OneControl system, is a downgrade from the LCI system we had on our 2013 "other" unit.
I've got to believe, I'm just missing something.

I attempted to contact LCI. All they say, is that the manufacturer, decides what goes into the units they produce....they'd not help me at all.

Please help if you can.

IF THIS Post, needs to be reclassified, please do so. Thanks.

Oregon_Camper

Re: Picked up our New 2018 Bighorn 3160EL today. Drove it home and put it away

I have a question and do not know, how to create a new thread.

I am trying to locate the LCI (Lippert Controls inc) wireless network information for the OneControl panel. On page 9 of the owners manual for LCI Level Up OneControl touch panel, they show a photo of this, however, I've NOT been able to find it on our New Unit.

Seems like the videos as provided and the documentation does NOT at all match with what I should have. In seeing what seems to be my
capibilities, it seems as though this new LCI OneControl system, is a downgrade from the LCI system we had on our 2013 "other" unit.
I've got to believe, I'm just missing something.

I attempted to contact LCI. All they say, is that the manufacturer, decides what goes into the units they produce....they'd not help me at all..

Ok...it appears you have a newer controller and now an "App" that can been added to your phone AND there should be a display/controller inside your RV.

Of those...which one are you not able to find?

Capture.jpg

dlent

Re: Picked up our New 2018 Bighorn 3160EL today. Drove it home and put it away

Ok...it appears you have a newer controller and now an "App" that can been added to your phone AND there should be a display/controller inside your RV.

Of those...which one are you not able to find?

View attachment 56022

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.
What I'm attempting to find is the trailer's wifi Hub as per documented within the OneControl's Owner's manual page 9

Apparently on/near this, there should be a password, that's necessary in order to configure the mobile app. (In my case - Android)

I did get a call from LCI late this afternoon. The customer service rep, suggested that Heartland would perhaps have to tell me where it's located and that based on what was installed, many, many things can be controlled with the OneControl App.

I'm excited .... and hoping I can use the numerous features that may be within this system.

jbeletti

dlent,

Myself and the forum mods don't have any info on this system yet. I'm trying to get some info from Corp on all of this now. I do suggest you contact Heartland Customer Service in the morning at 877-262-8032. They'll likely know something about this system and if not, they can call over to the plant to find out where the hub is located and what the default password is.

As soon as we get documents on this system, we'll get them posted on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals).

Let us know here on this thread, all that you learn about your system, what it controls, where the hub was, what the default pw was etc. We can all learn through you :) Thanks.

Rhyph

We have a completely different trailer, but same system minus the leveler board. I may add it and the new remote control system that I believe may be cell based. Our wifi hub and related networking gear is mounted up-side-down to the roof of the cabinet that also contains all of the built-in home theater and related stereo gear. It is two black boxes, one with one or two antennas pointing down (they were originally folded up against the cabinet) and a networking switch, and another box with a couple network cables coming and going between it, the wifi router and then presumably to the big 'brain board' and relay control center located in the underbelly compartment. These two boxes should be present somewhere you can get to for resetting them, the rest of the system should be buried, so I'd hope they put them somewhere you can find it. Once you find them, if like ours, we took one of our phones and snapped a picture of the surface of the boxes, and the SSID, Password, model number, etc sticker was on it.

Gaffer

Just a guess but try 0000 for the temp PIN number. This is one more thing to add the the PDI list.

dlent

dlent,

Myself and the forum mods don't have any info on this system yet. I'm trying to get some info from Corp on all of this now. I do suggest you contact Heartland Customer Service in the morning at 877-262-8032. They'll likely know something about this system and if not, they can call over to the plant to find out where the hub is located and what the default password is.

As soon as we get documents on this system, we'll get them posted on HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals).

Let us know here on this thread, all that you learn about your system, what it controls, where the hub was, what the default pw was etc. We can all learn through you :) Thanks.
============

Well been an interesting couple days. I called Heartland Customer Service at the number above. I was told the "wifi gateway" should be behind the
Off Door at the rear of the basement - once the panel was removed. So.....Last night I tore the basement apart. First the off door side then, the Door Side. Found huge mess of wires, debris and an area with what appeared to be leaked fluid, disconnected hoses and absolutely "NO Wifi Gateway".
Very, very disappointing. This morning, I called Heartland back. I was told that they'd have to research this and would get back to me.
WELL......
I received a call back from the Customer Service rep. I was informed that NO Wifi gateway was installed in my unit, and they were not installing them. I was not told the reason. So.....what I have is "no doubt" a very expensive LCD Panel Lippert system installed in our unit that only performs automatic leveling. Something that can also be done at the control panel located in the Off door side of the basement.
Our "Other" rig - Several years old at least had a lippert remote control unit, such that you could from outside the coach, open the slides, awnings, etc.

To make matters worse, the video shown on the Lippert panel shows this remote capability. ALL the documentation from Lippert on this system
shows and talks about the capability to control the many, many functions (such as: Slides, Awnings, Locks, Lights Water monitor panel, generator, and of course "Leveling" all from your handheld Android or Iphone device). Not the case. Many many customers purchasing 2018 models may be very disappointed and left in this quandry, like myself. Why Didn't Heartland Know this?? Why isn't Heartland attempting to incorporate this newer technology into their units. Seems quite misleading to me.

I'm of the opinion. we just purchased a very expensive unit and took a large step backwards in technology, especially in this area.
I hope to talk to Heartland about this, however, am confident, my thoughts/opinion and concerns will fall upon deaf ears.

So, we've a huge amount of money for an Upscale/High end unit of which we find may not be the case.
What else will I find between now and the first time we use our unit this Spring.

This is story #1. Story #2, I've not mentioned and that was the ability to purchase an option, that wasn't delivered and most recently found out is NOT being offered. No wonder the Manufacturing representative for our unit, chose NOT to return my email or contact me a week ago, when I send him an email. Sounds like a symptom of other issues within Heartland.

Hate being negative, however, currently my feelings are "NOT" very PRO Heartland and Bighorn.
:(

danemayer

Hi dlent,

I don't quite hear you saying that Heartland promised you a fancy new control system and didn't deliver. It seems more like Lippert redesigned the levelup system controls to enable additional function and phone app control, but Heartland didn't take them up on the offer; installing just the basic levelup controls. So I'm reading your beef as you thought you got more than Heartland promised, and now you're upset that you didn't.

From a Facebook post I saw the other day, it may be that the basement control panel only does auto level, whereas the inside panel will also do manual leveling. If that's the case, I think Lippert made a mistake in this design and will have to remedy it shortly - but probably no help to you. As more information comes in, we'll find out.

If I'm reading the manual correctly, the WiFi hub looks to me like it's also going to have to be redesigned for the coaches using it - which doesn't include Bighorn. I think to use the app on your phone as a remote, you have to first connect the phone WiFi to the Lippert Hub. While not terribly difficult, that's not exactly a convenient way to operate. But of course, if the Lippert Hub connected to your local WiFi, assuming you have one, you might need to be on shore power for it all to work.

I can also tell you that I'm no fan of using iOS or Android apps to control key functions. There's a considerable cost associated with keeping apps up to date as the underlying operating system changes. My guess is that Lippert will release new hardware and abandon old apps after 4 or 5 years because they're no longer associate with revenue-generating products. So one day the app won't work any more. At that point, you better have another way of operating the function.

From what I've seen so far, I think Lippert has a lot more work to do before I would want to use it to control more function in the coach. As as we've found out from many users in the past where prior versions of these Lippert control mechanisms were tried out, there are serious downsides. Sometimes it pays to keep things simple.

But maybe that's just me.

Rhyph

I am super curious now as to what you have. Any chance of getting pictures of your screen(s), controls, etc for whatever you do have? I don't have any pics of our system handy, but I'm going over to our storage building late this weekend and will get some. I'd like to compare what we have. I'm fairly certain you can't have a partial system and it be functional, so I wonder if it is completely different from what we have. Maybe a re-design, the other system we've seen, or whatever?

Our system is a hybrid of multiple touch screens and a central android based tablet control system that has "apps" in the OneControl suite to run the various systems such as lighting, awnings, jacks, slide outs, generator, level monitoring, w/h, pump, etc. I do stand corrected, our system does in-fact have the leveler control - I had to be reminded by the other half. The only things we don't have are the A/C climate control and the remote "ConnectAnywhere" capability outside of it's own wifi network. What's great is, we can put the OneControl app on our phones and watch or control things in the trailer from our truck or we can stand outside and safely deploy slide-outs and awnings while watching them respectively from outside. I've been tempted to set-up a VPN to try and get this all to work remotely but I haven't had time to tinker.

There were two variants of the system we've seen. One is the tablet based system (what we have), the other was a dedicated touch screen set-up, which we saw in the Fuzion toy haulers when we were shopping back then. The system in the Fuzion with the dedicated panel didn't do anywhere near as much as the system that came with our Road Warrior and was one of the couple deciding factors that pushed us over the edge to stick with Heartland.

I do wish that Lippert and really any/all of the manufacturers would get theirs respective acts together and leverage these modern control systems. We really love ours and with app based control, a set of standards should be shared and these rolling homes of ours can get way much smarter with cheaper centralized controls that have smart home like capabilities. Building on things like auto-gen start, etc should be a snap and expanding the systems with minimal infrastructure support (wiring, costs) could increase margins.

pegmikef

Ok folks, I have been struggling with the same issue and it is easy to tell if you have wifi. Go to the interior touchpad, select my RV and scroll down to the bottom of the list. If you have the wifi, there will be an entry indicating such (something like "myrv wifi"). I don't have it, but when I read the manual, I got all excited. I pulled the unit and it is not the same unit as shown in the manual and the built in video. A notable item is the absence of the USB cable. There is a second module that accompanies the interface unit. I have none. I thought it might be an option for my Landmark, but I looked at Jim B.'s latest MSRP and there is no such option listed. Here is a link to the manual. Note that it clearly states that the app will only work with units equipped with the wifi system.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content.../Level_Up___OCTP_5th_Wheel_Owner_s_Manual.pdf

I think Dan nailed it when he said that Heartland only purchased the level up portion, but installed it as if it had all the capabilities of the wifi version. Nonetheless I still have to stand on a stool to operate it.

jbeletti

Ok folks, I have been struggling with the same issue and it is easy to tell if you have wifi. Go to the interior touchpad, select my RV and scroll down to the bottom of the list. If you have the wifi, there will be an entry indicating such (something like "myrv wifi"). I don't have it, but when I read the manual, I got all excited. I pulled the unit and it is not the same unit as shown in the manual and the built in video. A notable item is the absence of the USB cable. There is a second module that accompanies the interface unit. I have none. I thought it might be an option for my Landmark, but I looked at Jim B.'s latest MSRP and there is no such option listed. Here is a link to the manual. Note that it clearly states that the app will only work with units equipped with the wifi system.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content.../Level_Up___OCTP_5th_Wheel_Owner_s_Manual.pdf

I think Dan nailed it when he said that Heartland only purchased the level up portion, but installed it as if it had all the capabilities of the wifi version. Nonetheless I still have to stand on a stool to operate it.

We're (you guys and me) learning more about this system daily. I'm learning from you and I'm in contact with Corp and with LCI to learn all I can.

From what I understand at this point, LCI has went to these new controllers for LevelUp "period". That means that we (Heartland) receive certain components from LCI when we order LevelUp now.

Think of LevelUp as one item in a suite of items offered to mfrs by them. The outdoor touch panel is now standard. The interior touch screen is also now standard and appears to also be a "base element" in LCIs OneControl command system of which, for LM and BH, we're not participating in. So for us, for now, the indoor touch screen that is now included with LCIs LevelUp, is of little value to the customer unless a broader suite of control is also purchased from LCI. From a cost perspective, I don't believe we have any current plans to expand on their system.

orion7144

Has anyone attempted to buy the Myrv WiFi adapter separately and install it? The part number is WR1001NS. I found someone on ebay that has 2 of them (currently not listed) that he will sell when he gets back from vacation in mid April. I am contemplating buying one. I talked with LCI and they told me there is no option to upgrade.

sengli

just looked some new 2018's on the lot the other day. While the sale guy wasnt the sharpest, he did say the new interior panel was for level only. SOB have these panels that have a lot more capability from what I have seen.

kjm1970

I lost my 2016 RW 420 in a fire in Oct 17 and the wife and I decided to buy a new 2018 Road Warrior 427 specifically because I wanted the OneControl with it's suite of apps to be able to control not just the level up but the slides, lighting etc. I called the dealer I was going to purchase from and he said he had a new 2018 that was coming in any day, I put my deposit on it and waited. When the unit came in I asked him to go out to the rig to make sure it had OneControl on it, it didn't. I really wanted the OneControl and decided to factory order one. The dealer charged me an extra $5k for it, not just the OneControl, but for the difference from taking an instock unit verses ordering from the factory. So my unit comes in, I have him go out to the rig and sure enough the OneControl is there. I live in NY and drove to Texas to pick this thing up. I get to the dealer, start my PDI, see the OneControl and know I need to connect to the wifi hub, but wait.....there isn't one. I am now super ******. We call Heartland and they said to me that they were working out some bugs on the system and would send out the wifi hub when they figure it out and for my trouble would send me a $200 Visa gift card. Thanks I say as this was my 3rd Heartland product and their customer service has been great. I know come to learn that I am not getting any wifi hub lol. So I wasted $5k is what I am thinking. ****** is not the word here. Hopefully at next years Rally, they will have something because I am going to be the biggest thorn in their side on this.

danemayer

I lost my 2016 RW 420 in a fire in Oct 17 and the wife and I decided to buy a new 2018 Road Warrior 427 specifically because I wanted the OneControl with it's suite of apps to be able to control not just the level up but the slides, lighting etc. I called the dealer I was going to purchase from and he said he had a new 2018 that was coming in any day, I put my deposit on it and waited. When the unit came in I asked him to go out to the rig to make sure it had OneControl on it, it didn't. I really wanted the OneControl and decided to factory order one. The dealer charged me an extra $5k for it, not just the OneControl, but for the difference from taking an instock unit verses ordering from the factory. So my unit comes in, I have him go out to the rig and sure enough the OneControl is there. I live in NY and drove to Texas to pick this thing up. I get to the dealer, start my PDI, see the OneControl and know I need to connect to the wifi hub, but wait.....there isn't one. I am now super ******. We call Heartland and they said to me that they were working out some bugs on the system and would send out the wifi hub when they figure it out and for my trouble would send me a $200 Visa gift card. Thanks I say as this was my 3rd Heartland product and their customer service has been great. I know come to learn that I am not getting any wifi hub lol. So I wasted $5k is what I am thinking. ****** is not the word here. Hopefully at next years Rally, they will have something because I am going to be the biggest thorn in their side on this.

Don't hold your breath. To get a bunch of devices in the coach controlled by the OneControl would necessitate rewiring the devices so that control is re-routed to go through a Lippert control module that in turn would respond to the OneControl touch pad and WiFi/phone app. Depending on the control system (I believe Lippert uses Can-Bus) and how it's installed, it may not even be as simple as moving wires around. It's possible there are device adds-ons required to make it work fully.

I'd take long odds that Heartland isn't going to arrange a retrofit for you, nor would they support it, even if they're installing a new high-function system on new coaches.

The KIB Multiplex system, providing some of the function you want, is used on Landmark 365 only, probably 1) as a differentiating feature, and 2) because of the cost adder. Even if Heartland were to move from KIB to Lippert and add device control and WiFi, because of differentiation and cost, it's far from certain that they would add that to toy haulers.

If OneControl isn't available from Heartland on the Road Warrior today, I'd guess the dealer would not have been able to order it from Heartland. For one thing, if there's no option listed, there's no price from Heartland either. So the dealer may have purchased OneControl components directly from Lippert. You might want to see how much of the $5,000 you can get back from the dealer. You could start by calling Lippert to find out how much they charge for the individual components.

Lippert changed from the Ground Control control panel with the LCD readout to the smaller control panel with 5 inch screen. It is part of a much larger system that is optional. I will explain below.
We just bought a Sundance 3700RLB. It is our first RV and we wanted the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom layout. It was between a Forest River with the OneControl and ours that didn’t have it. We went with the Sundance because it had the Ground Control 3.0 installed. The other didn't. I'm into home automation, so I've been looking to retrofit the touchscreen control.

The available OneControl components are listed here:
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org... Level Up/Lippert OneControl___Components.pdf In addition, there is a tank monitor module that can be found on the web.

A good thread on the subject is here:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f30/installing-myrv-onecontrol-60764.html
I was curious and started buying stuff off of eBay. For a test platform, I got a 5" touch panel (406345) along with a couple of 8 function receivers (344923). Here is what I have learned from the limited information available on the internet and from playing around with the toys I got off of eBay.

The touch panel will power on from a normal USB charger with a USB Mini B cable. It runs a Lippert modified version of Android. It comes with the manuals and instructions for the full line of components available in the OneControl product line regardless of what is (or is not) connected to it. It is part of the base software. For those with the new version of Ground Control, the touch screen talks with the leveling controller using CAN bus, which is an industry standard promulgated by RIVA.

https://www.rvia.org/standards-regulations/standards-compliance/rv-ctm
http://www.rv-c.com/

I'm not sure if Lippert's implementation follows the standard as I have not gotten that far yet.

To control slides and other components, one of the receivers is needed. Look on page 3 of the components manual. Each of the components daisy chains with the other components using the "Canbus data harness" cables. Although that is a fancy name, the canbus cables are basically unshielded twisted pair wire with Molex ends. If you don't want to buy the cables from Lippert, the Molex part number is 39-01-2020. Amazon sells them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07638NMBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Although they are “crimp” I recommend soldering.

To make it work, a terminating resistor is needed. You can buy Lippert's (or recycle if you already have the touch panel, it will likely be in the front compartment plugged into the leveling controller) or go to Fry's or another electronics store and get a 120 ohm resistor. Without the terminating resistor, the components won't talk with each other.

I got the components hooked up on a test bed and powered them up using a 12 volt power supply. Once the CAN Bus cables are connected, the bus terminated with a resistor, and everything is powered on, the touchscreen sees what is on the bus automatically. To go into the setup menus, tap the OneControl icon on the top left hand corner of the screen 5 times. From there it is pretty easy.

I will do a more thorough post separately to document my install and the specific connections to make the slides work.

Not yet. I wanted to make sure that the basic components worked first. Going to get one later this week to test out this weekend.

orion7144

I was not successful at finding the parts necessary when I first bought my 5th wheel. I called Lipert and they said that I would have to contact Heartland.

Not yet. I wanted to make sure that the basic components worked first. Going to get one later this week to test out this weekend.

I got mine off of eBay and found the connectors to make the canbus cables. I ordered the gateway from Lippert and it should be here tomorrow.