Location of rear level up sensor

Oldelevatorman

Has anyone located or replaced this sensor on a LM365. I had a slide out cylinder replaced and some of the coroplast and insulation was replaced as well. After everything was put back together I tried to relevel and I immediately got an ‘External Rear Sensor’ error message. All I could do was unplug it for tonight and get the mechanic back out here tomorrow. It looks like it is located on a cross brace in between the rear jacks. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

bdb2047

If you have a heat register in floor in line with rear axle try removing it to see if you can access sensor. I can in ours but have no idea how yours is.

Lou_and_Bette

Jim, I just finished returning mine to its proper location after the screws holding it fell out. From previous factory tours and the forum’s resident expert, thanks for all the great information Dan, I knew the sensor sat on a small plate attached to a cross member. This would either be the cross member in front or behind the fresh water tank. Look for the overflow drains coming out of the frame somewhere behind the wheels. Once I had the general location, I was able to loosen one side of the chloroplast enough to be able to pull it down and, using a broom handle to push down on the insulation, see the sensor laying on top of the insulation. Mine was on the forward cross member. Another clue to cross member location is there will be screws in the middle of the rig for chloroplast support. Once the location of the sensor was determined, using my broom handle as a measuring device to determine how far into the middle of the rig the sensor was, I cut a three-sided flap in the chloroplast, moved the insulation sheet out of the way and was able to get to the sensor, mounting shelf, and found and replaced screws. I was lucky in that there was an overlapping of two different insulation sheets so I didn’t have to cut this layer also but you may need to. The sensor sits on top of the shelf and the screws come from ground side up through the shelf and then into the sensors “ears.” The sensor is a rectangular box with wires coming out of one side. Top and bottom of the sensor are easy to determine because the bottom is flat and has the mounting “ears” with holes in it. The shelf has two holes that line up with those in the sensor. There will be arrows indicating front to rear direction.

P.S. once you have replaced the sensor in its proper location, you will need to reset the system. I hooked up the rig to my TV so I could completely retract all the legs. Once the legs were fully retracted, I turned the system off and started the “releveling” process. I first used the switch on the outside wall to raise the rig off the truck and moved it out of the way. I opened the door and placed a 3 foot level in the center of the floor and began the process of resetting the “level point.” This was done by rapidly pushing the Front button 10 times and immediately pushing the Rear button 10 times. You now have complete manual control of the system. I started with the ODS which is represented by the Left button on the control pad. I brought the left side legs down until they just made contact with the ground. Then, using the Right button extended the legs until they just made contact with the ground. Checked the level sitting on the floor of the rig and tweaked to achieve side to side level. Turned the level 90 degrees and tweaked the front to rear level. Once I was satisfied, pushed “enter” on the control pad as instructed. I reattached the. TV, retracted the legs using the Auto Retract function like I was leaving the site. I then began my normal unhooking and setting up process. I hit the AutoLevel button and, once again, “ there was joy in Mudville.” Good luck with your repair, if you have any difficulties, reach out and I will help if I can.

Oldelevatorman

Found out why my sensor doesn't work!
7e565b639f4ba202b4e17ce8f8b0f7f8.jpg

Might be a couple holes in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandman

Hey fellow rvers. having trouble with my rear sensor. says there is a bad connection , but could it be a bad sensor thanks in advance.

Lou_and_Bette

Marty, could be a bad sensor, or it could be just a bad connection. I would check connections before I bought new sensor. JMHO. Lou

Lou_and_Bette

Good morning. have you ever trace where the sensor wires go too?

Marty, no I did not trace the wire. I believe the wire that comes from the rear sensor goes to the box in the front compartment with the front sensor. That is where the power from the coach is tied in to the Level Up system along with several other connections. The rear sensor is probably one of these connections.