LCI remote control

uncledon

Her chauffeur
We're talking about a 2015 BH with what I believe is the Lippert 3.0 6-pt levelup. My question has to do with the small remote (pictured). All controls work with the exception of the LIGHT control, or I am not seeing which light it is controlling
I figured it would be the porch or possibly the awning. Any thoughts on this? Thx.
22430156a662f2b5f254c3eb472911d8.jpg
9311f730e425fc655caa5a48b8ee2a94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Do you have an awning light? Run it out to see if it is a strip light in the tube which only works if the awning is extended.

hankster

On the remote it said light, that might be the light on the outside steps.
You also might have a inside switch also.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Yeah, it doesn't control the awning light. That works with the inside switch with awning in or out. It doesn't control the step light either, or the porch light. Still mystery!

SLO

Not all the things on our LCI remote control work. The slides and awing work which is okay for my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
That link appeared to be what I was looking for. Nothing in my paperwork with the trailer and the Lippert master manual didn't offer anything.

After reading it and comparing my remote there are some differences. All other functions (bed slide, awning, landing gear, and master slide) go to second screen with arrows for control. LIGHT button lights up when pushed, but nothing else. No secondary screen. Beginning to think that option was not included. Guess I'm outa luck, eh?

mlpeloquin

That link appeared to be what I was looking for. Nothing in my paperwork with the trailer and the Lippert master manual didn't offer anything.

After reading it and comparing my remote there are some differences. All other functions (bed slide, awning, landing gear, and master slide) go to second screen with arrows for control. LIGHT button lights up when pushed, but nothing else. No secondary screen. Beginning to think that option was not included. Guess I'm outa luck, eh?

My remote turns on the light under the step. Took me six months before I found out how to turn it off! No switch, just the remote. One last try is to turn all lights on and then go around seeing if it turns one off. Perhaps they connected it to the front exterior light under the over hang or one inside the front or side storage bay(s) or even the "scare lights".

uncledon

Her chauffeur
My remote turns on the light under the step. Took me six months before I found out how to turn it off! No switch, just the remote. One last try is to turn all lights on and then go around seeing if it turns one off. Perhaps they connected it to the front exterior light under the over hang or one inside the front or side storage bay(s) or even the "scare lights".
Good suggestion. I'll give that a try. Wish I knew where the LCI contol let was, I'd fix it myself

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It is definitely for the step light located under the entry door stairs. If its not working then the step light bulb is probably burnt out.

Rod

uncledon

Her chauffeur
It is definitely for the step light located under the entry door stairs. If its not working then the step light bulb is probably burnt out.

Rod
For the last time, the bulb is NOT burnt out. It works with the the switch inside. I've tried it with the step light on and it doesn't turn it off. I've tried it with the light off and it doesn't turn it on. I've done the same with the porch and the awning lights.

jbeletti

uncledon

My sense of this matter is that it's an item that appears on the remote but is not a feature of the coach. Not the first time we've seen this issue here.

Last edited:

MikeR

We're talking about a 2015 BH with what I believe is the Lippert 3.0 6-pt levelup. My question has to do with the small remote (pictured). All controls work with the exception of the LIGHT control, or I am not seeing which light it is controlling
I figured it would be the porch or possibly the awning. Any thoughts on this? Thx.
22430156a662f2b5f254c3eb472911d8.jpg
9311f730e425fc655caa5a48b8ee2a94.jpg

I have a 2014 Big Country with a Lippert Remote. The light function controls the "scare lights".

uncledon

Her chauffeur
uncledon

My sense of this matter is that it's an item that appears on the remote but is not a feature of the coach. Not the first time we've seen this issue here.
I'm in your camp Jim. All other options go to second page. Not the LIGHT function which tells me it's not part of the coach.

Any idea if that's one that can be programmed/added?

jbeletti

I'm in your camp Jim. All other options go to second page. Not the LIGHT function which tells me it's not part of the coach.

Any idea if that's one that can be programmed/added?

Best bet is to reach out to LCI to see if another relay can be added to the system in your coach. If DC wiring, relays and such is something you can do, it's worth looking into.

mlpeloquin

The control board and relays are behind my switch panel. All relays are on that board. A few more than the remote has programmed into it. Had a fun time programming a replacement remote when mine went bad. I removed the switch panel to have access to the control board. This allowed me to finally make sense programming the remote from scratch. I have documented the programming so as to not have to figure it out should it happen again. Not all relays are used and not all are used in sequence. Some are bypassed which made programming a bit frustrating until I viewed the control board. I could actually add functions to the control by hooking up an unused relay and programming it. i have chosen not to.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
The control board and relays are behind my switch panel. All relays are on that board. A few more than the remote has programmed into it. Had a fun time programming a replacement remote when mine went bad. I removed the switch panel to have access to the control board. This allowed me to finally make sense programming the remote from scratch. I have documented the programming so as to not have to figure it out should it happen again. Not all relays are used and not all are used in sequence. Some are bypassed which made programming a bit frustrating until I viewed the control board. I could actually add functions to the control by hooking up an unused relay and programming it. i have chosen not to.
I would be interested in discussing your programming more if you are amiable to that.