Genesis 2.0 Problem

Buckeye

Tried to load DVD and it will temporarily load then eject. Tried several different DVDs and CDs and the same result. There is no other DVD or CD in the unit. Any suggestions?

mlpeloquin

Tried to load DVD and it will temporarily load then eject. Tried several different DVDs and CDs and the same result. There is no other DVD or CD in the unit. Any suggestions?

If you do an internet search for the model and brand of your unit, I bet you will find it is a inexpensive one. I bet you will not find the unit though. My TV was no longer available. I did find an internet add for $179.00 on a close out, out of stock. 40 inch Samsung. Replased it with a 43 inch Samsung from Costco for $279.00. A better picture as well. So get a better one. The units installed are inexpensive, but not that bad. That being said, you can do better without spending a lot of money. Marantz level quality there not, but still in an RV they are ok.

rhodies1

Had this in my unit,it’s a piece of crap.Manufacturer advised they where throw always....... next it will stop playing the radio and then will not shut off....replace with something else,Jenson,Sony or JVC...

Buckeye

I agree it's certainly not worth putting any money into it. It is working now. When the DVD ejects and you leave it alone it will automatically reload. After several attempts it will eventually reload and work OK. I'm a firm believer if it's not broke, don't fix it.

dave10a

My rig came with a Genesis 3.0 and 2.0 outside. Both are not fit for mobile applications because they simply can not withstand the vibrations and bounce while towing a trailer. I ended up replacing both with home theater equipment that is much more robust mechanically. For some reason the RV industry uses expensive electronic junk that can not withstand the RV environment.