EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Tyler - 10/5/2018 to 10/7/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
We were looking forward to attend this rally. But Carol and I bought a house and we will be working on the house before we move in. We will miss everyone, but we plan to be at more rallies in the future. More detail here. We contacted Tyler Oaks and canceled our reservation.

Last edited:

Paul & Nan

Regretfully we have to cancel as I will be stuck at MD Anderson starting a new treatment program. We are still hoping to make STX rally.

pegmikef

Regretfully we have to cancel as I will be stuck at MD Anderson starting a new treatment program. We are still hoping to make STX rally.

Peggy and I are really sorry to hear that. We were looking forward to seeing you both again. Best of luck with the new program.

- - - Updated - - -

We were looking forward to attend this rally. But Carol and I bought a house and we will be working on the house before we move in. We will miss everyone, but we plan to be at more rallies in the future. More detail here. We contacted Tyler Oaks and canceled our reservation.

Big ol' Landmark sure starts getting small when you spend a few months in it, let alone two or three years. Good luck with the new house.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Mike, We we looking forward to seeing you and Peg, along with the rest of our friends.

We found a house that has a trailer pad, which is a rarity. This trailer was not big enough to have a garage I could tinker in. And I think Carol was missing a sewing room.

Thanks for the best wishes,

'Lil Guy'

WE live over at lake Jacksonville, just about a 45 min drive. Our cousin (Mike Smith) owns 3 acres on lake with 900' of frontage, a 3K sq ft dock with lift, 3 stalls, and a 24' party barge. There is also a huge upstairs carriage house with beautiful views of the lake and an outdoor kitchen. Thinking of giving tours of the lake, cooking burgers and fixings and just making a great outing. No expense to members. Boat seats 10 to 12 comfortably and could do 2 trips. Takes about 1 1/2 hrs to tour perimeter of lake. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will make arrangements for the food. What day or days would be best? If interested, let me know. Could do it Wednesday or Thursday and stay late, or Friday or Saturday and get back in time for rally events. Again, just a thought. If interested, let me know. Thanks in advance.
Again, this is a really nice place to kill the day. Beautiful setting and FREEEEE.

'Lil Guy'

How about Thursday, the 4th? Going to be sponsored by Ted Davis for President of HOC Full timers. Just hoping more people show interest in this. Would make an excellent day trip. Very nice covered boat dock with ceiling fans, lights, and boat house. The upstairs carriage house has real nice views of the lake with it's glass front and a huge covered porch with seating. This would be a great place to relax for the day and we'll be taking the boat out for tours of the lake. Hope there is some interest in this. Let me know so I can make arrangements for the food. Again, it's FREEEEE.

Chippendale

So this is a political rally for Davis, I knew there was some sort of catch. I guess it is OK as we will have had a few months rest from the BS of the National Mid-Term election in November, and this will be the first rally of the 2020 Presidential election season.

Most of you who are attending the Tyler rally may be unaware of the big election that will be held at the Mountain Region regional rally in 2020 and of course would be unable to vote in it unless, maybe Ted requested "absentee ballots" from outside the Mountain Region that could be stuffed in the ballot box out there with out notice of the election judges. That would make him a true politician.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry I have not been on here and updated y'all about the rally sooner. Life has been crazy for Audra and I the last few weeks!

I see Terry and Paul have had to cancel and I understand and we will miss you and see you at a rally soon.

Frank thanks for the offer to have some people out to your place on Thursday. We didn't plan a lot for us to do as a group so you will have more time to visit and explore the area own your own.

Ted_Dee

How about Thursday, the 4th? Going to be sponsored by Ted Davis for President of HOC Full timers. Just hoping more people show interest in this. Would make an excellent day trip. Very nice covered boat dock with ceiling fans, lights, and boat house. The upstairs carriage house has real nice views of the lake with it's glass front and a huge covered porch with seating. This would be a great place to relax for the day and we'll be taking the boat out for tours of the lake. Hope there is some interest in this. Let me know so I can make arrangements for the food. Again, it's FREEEEE.

It's difficult to say no to FREE. Maybe you should'nt have mentioned that I would there, that might scare off some attenees. George don't worry I will not do any campaigning. My warm personality speaks for it's self.:cool:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
For those interested... I have posted the Attendees list on my Dropbox. Below is the link.. Just click on the link and you can view or print the list. Over the next few days I will put pictures in the dropbox for anyone that would like to see. If you find any discrepancies please let me know..

Tyler Oaks

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.