Mysterious beep

lukeysh

Need your help. I am occasionally getting a beep (like microwave button type beep) that is coming from area where all light switches, PCS, Invertor switch, breaker/fuse panels are mounted. Nothing is showing up on PCS screen as abnormal. I called PCS and they said their system has no alarm. Power is good, weather is clear, trailer next to me with pedestal surge protector showing normal. It has beeped once a week ago, no twice this morning. It's one beep,,,sounds just like microwave button push.

I am at a loss for what could be over there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is your LP detector in that area? It will beep if defective. I just changed mine yesterday, it was beeping.
CO detector batteries?

Peace
Dave

lukeysh

Is your LP detector in that area? It will beep if defective. I just changed mine yesterday, it was beeping.
CO detector batteries?

Peace
Dave

Not LP detector. Not in that area. Talked to Heartland, they think it's either the convertor or transfer switch. But I cannot find an evidence of an alarm in the owners manuals.

danemayer

Not LP detector. Not in that area. Talked to Heartland, they think it's either the convertor or transfer switch. But I cannot find an evidence of an alarm in the owners manuals.

I've never heard of the converter or transfer switch beeping. Your residential refrigerator's inverter probably doesn't beep either.

But the refrigerator may beep. Try setting the temp to see if it beeps and if the beep sounds like what you're hearing.