Warranty Question.

11B

I just purchased a 2017 RW 427. It was purchased and returned 30 days later due to the first owners health issues. We were told by the dealer that since it’s used that there is No Factory Warranty. I thought maybe they said this because they tried to sell us an extended warranty. That brings me to the next question... should we purchase the extended warranty?

Thank you!

Nate

danemayer

Hi Nate,

In the RV world, manufacturer warranties are generally only good for the first owner.

With extended warranties, which are really service agreements, not warranties, the fine print is what's key. There is generally a large section of the agreement that details what is excluded, and a smaller section that details what is included. You'll want to read the coverage details, look for reviews of the provider, consider the price, including the deductible on repairs, to decide if it makes sense for you. A lot of people prefer to self-insure by just putting aside the money that would have gone into a service agreement.

As you're buying used, hopefully you're getting a much better price than a new trailer, and can put aside some of the savings in case you need to fix things.