Considering used 2017 Cyclone 4250 or new Road Warrior 427

Looking at a used unit for sale, anyone have any input on this unit? Looking at the 2017 cyclone 4250 or a new road warrior 427. Both have side patio which i like.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Looking at a used unit for sale, anyone have any input on this unit? Looking at the 2017 cyclone 4250 or a new road warrior 427. Both have side patio which i like.
Buying a year old used camper is an excellent move financially! The price should be about half (maybe lower) of the original sticker price. The big question when buying is "Why are they parting with it so soon? Warranty issues? Defects?" If you're buying from a dealer, insist that they allow you to perform a pre-delivery inspection to correct any issues that you find. (You will pay more from a dealer than an individual so you should get something for that extra money.)
When you buy new it's a known quantity. You have a warranty but you're paying a lot for it.
Our first Cyclone was used and just a year old when we bought it. It was our first foray into camping so we were hesitant to spend the money on a new one. The one we bought was at a price that we felt we could keep it for a year or two and get most of our money back if we decided it wasn't for us. Obviously we stayed with it and it took us 5 yrs to find another Cyclone that we like enough better to step up to a new one.
Good luck with your decision and we're looking forward to meeting you at a Rally soon!

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Take a look at the all new 4270 Cyclone with side patio. This unit has a lot of cool never seen features. Elevated bar top area with bar stools, huge u-shaped kitchen with pantry, perfect tv placement, sliding glass door to outside patio area, 1 1/2 baths, 13' garage area, awesome pass through window from the kitchen to the side patio area, and probably the largest living area found in a toy hauler. It is a great new floor plan and definitely worth looking at. https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/luxuryth#&gid=1&pid=1

thanks,

AJ Jones

MikeandDar

So we have a 2016 4250HD and love it(who wouldn't ) its 43.6 feet of awesome :cool:! So with that being said our only regret is we did not order the 3rd ac for the living area. I am happy to say we have had very few minor issues and the rest just comes with the territory.
Now for buying one used, this could have its benefits, for example, it may be clean on the inside. its amazing how dirty these things are from the factory. Another benefit may be all the adjustments have been made and little things tweaked, I talk about this because I myself probably have about 25 to 30 hours doing adjustments and tweaks.
Like mentioned by others its probably a good idea to find out why its used for only a year.
What ever you decide, good luck!

Happy Trails,
Mike

Hogladyrider

Couple of questions, are you part-timers or fulltimers? Are you considering resale down the road?

We fulltime in our Cyclone and have made many tweaks and personal touches. We chose a Cyclone over a RW for resale down the road but we plan on keeping our Cyclone for a while. In fact we are considering upgrading to 8000 lb Mor-Ryde IS.

There is no "perfect" RV IMO, it's what is right for your needs. We've lived in ours fulltime now for 2+ years and we are very happy with our rig.

Best of luck and let us know what you land with!

Susan

rblack222

Quick question please. The advertised “Height 13’6” is that to the roof, or top of AC unit? Likin that 4270, May look for one a year old, in a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: