Wraparound exterior molding screws broken

Ukexile

I have just taken delivery of a new Wilderness 2575RK from CampingWorld in Bridgewater, NJ. On inspection at home (I didn’t notice during PDI) I discovered that 21 of the screws that hold the black molding that goes around the RV at the join of the fiberglass with the black skirt (?) at the bottom of the trailer had their heads broken off. The broken screws are randomly distributed, one here, two there, etc.

There are many screws that are intact and the molding seems solidly mounted but is this a problem worthy of pursuit with the dealer or with Heartland? Quality control at Heartland is questionable, and the dealer not addressing it prior to delivery either is unsatisfactory.

Thanks for for any thoughts on this issue.

Update 4/18/18: I called Heartland customer service and spoke with a service advisor. Advice provided was that, as long as moulding did not appear loose (it doesn’t), this should not be a concern. In the event the molding does come loose, then Heartland will take care of it (presumably if still within warranty period.)

Last edited: