Heat Register in Storage Area - Big Horn 3055

RVFun4Us

I was trying to find a model number for the Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac System today (no luck in finding by the way) and I noticed that there was no hose attached to the back of the heat register in the storage area. Is this an oversight by Heartland or am I missing something here.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have a 3670 and there is no duct connected to the register in it either. The only duct for the storage area is a 2 inch duct hanging down in the area where the holding tanks are located. I guess the register is for looks. Maybe someone else can comment on this.
Bill

jbeletti

This register is a vent. It vents the utility area under the trailer to the storage area. Why it is needed I do not know. It may be an recent RVIA rule.

Forrest Fetherolf

This register is a vent. It vents the utility area under the trailer to the storage area. Why it is needed I do not know. It may be an recent RVIA rule.

Could the vent be cool air circulation from storage area to the converter, auto switcher, etc in utility area and/or circulate warm air from utility area (water heater, hot water lines, and electrical componets) to warm storage area?

Forrest

seabee

Right on Jim,I think you got it.
I will be adding insulation in that area,where the floor drops down,if you get in a cold place you may have freezing in the water lines if you are heating with electric space heaters and not the furnace,understand if the electric is in on the price of rent we use it that way.

RVFun4Us

Thanks Jim for checking with engineering. I never thought about air circulation but it does make sense. I take it there is then a separate heat duct that is inserted in the holding tank areas. My old 5ver had a separate switch that heated each holding tank during cold weather. The Big Horn does not have such a switch so I assume the heat duct is Heartland's answer to keeping the tank area from freezing?

jbeletti

Sheri and Bob,

The Bighorn has a sealed, insulated and heated underbelly. A heat duct from your furnace is run into the underbelly area. There is one such duct in this large space. While it does provide some warmth, I'd assume that warmth is fairly localized.

We do offer tank heating pads that are switch controlled. It is an option on some of our brands but I'd guess you can special order it with most any of our units. Not sure on the cost. Want to say something like $600 retail.

If you didn't order them - you don't have them. Most dealers would not put them on their stock orders either. I have had them on both my Heartland products and have never used them. Maybe one day I will get caught in some sustained below freezing weather while RVing. Hope not!

Jim