Testing

jbeletti

Mods,

I created this new sub-forum as a test. I'm going to see if I'm smart enough to add a new tab to the Tabbed Forum Home add-on in the forum. I'll call the tab Forum Help and map it to this sub-forum. If it works, I will move this sub-forum out of this private moderator forum and into a public space.

Then we can add posts, documents and links that can help users better understand the forum and how to use it.

Diamondjim

Jim, I think I understand your motivation, as I may have triggered your idea.
You should be seeing the post I could not recreate up and running shortly. Your instructions worked fine. Don't know how I missed THAT button, but it worked. Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if it's a forum help button I'm thinking it may be geared toward an inexperienced user. If that is the case then the button will take a bit of navigation to get to it.
Only a click away but for a new user it may not be the correct click.
I think, and I think differently than others, that the forum help button should be on the portal page between Portals and Forum. Visible right from the Home page where every user starts their journey navigating the forum.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Jim, I think I understand your motivation, as I may have triggered your idea.
You should be seeing the post I could not recreate up and running shortly. Your instructions worked fine. Don't know how I missed THAT button, but it worked. Thank you.

Hi Jim - I think you're talking about using the "Restore Auto-Save Content" feature. Happy it worked.

Yes, your issue as well as a current conversation between forum moderators is the driver here.