How do I remove an Amana from a 2010 Landmark?

DruidZ

I found a number of posts on this but they don't seem to apply to me.
Here is a picture of my microwave after removing the decorative wood above it.
I have already removed the two screw on each side of that block of wood but it
still won't budge. Do I have to remove the ten hard to reach screws at the back?

The plastic bezel on the top of the unit seems to be removable but I can't see
how. Is removing that piece part of the removal process? If so, how?

While I am at it, the reason for removing it is to bring it to a repair shop. The
unit does everything it is supposed to do except actually heat things up. The fan
runs, the timer counts down but it won't even heat up a glass of water. Any ideas?
Should I just toss it and find a new one or are there some simple things I can try
to fix it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 53

danemayer

If that's an Amana, the front grill is held by 2 screws removed from the top.

I believe there are several safety interlocks. If the oven lamp comes on and the fan motor runs, it may be a door interlock problem. If it's a failed interlock switch/fuse, the parts are inexpensive. The labor is the killer.

DruidZ

If that's an Amana, the front grill is held by 2 screws removed from the top.

Thanks. I removed the bezel but that didn't seem to get me any closer to removing the unit.

I believe there are several safety interlocks. If the oven lamp comes on and the fan motor runs, it may be a door interlock problem. If it's a failed interlock switch/fuse, the parts are inexpensive. The labor is the killer.

So, not user repairable then?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Before tossing it, go to RepairClinic.com and see if they list the model. Our older home microwave (a Frigidaire) starting not responding to some controls. I replaced both the touch pad and the control board and it works like new. They do have videos for DIY, too. Might have yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Thanks. I removed the bezel but that didn't seem to get me any closer to removing the unit.

So, not user repairable then?

The manufacturer probably has a sticker on it that says "no user serviceable parts". But there are some things you can fix yourself if you can find the service manual for your model, have a few tools, a meter, and some basic electrical knowledge.

DruidZ

There may be 2 or 3 screws into the top thru the shelf above it.

But there is no shelf. There is a small space and then the ceiling of the slideout. It almost seems like they must have installed it before installing the ceiling.

Roller4tan

The board above the unit must be attached to it somehow. That's probably what's holding it in. There are template tabs behind the back bottom of the unit that it sits on, it rotates forward toward you to take down