Which GPS Is Best Suited For an RV'er

57chevyconvt

I am considering upgrading my GPS to something more suitable to my travel needs with an RV. My current GPS is a Garmin 1490. I am looking for a GPS that has a good data base for the specific needs for traveling with a RV. Thanks in advance for you advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan_B

That is the one we used.
Don
Ditto. So far so good, with only one issue. It directed us down a road with a 10 ton limit.

I do do like the screen displays with clear highway lane guidance with plenty of time to switch lanes if necessary.

SLO

CoPilot. Does as good a job as any of them, I think. Biggest reason is it’s installed on an Android tablet with a big 10” screen. Very easy to see. Mounted with suction cap in center console between seat in out Ram.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Howdy!

I’m another Co-pilot gps app user. We fulltime and I’ve been using Co-pilot for years and it does a great job. I use it on on tablet in our MDT towing the 5er and on my smartphone driving the Smart Car. I see no reason to buy a stand alone gps these days.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Piperflyer

Love my Garmin, free updates, add the dimensions of your RV and it will warn you of any hazards before you get yourself into trouble, has up to date traffic alerts, does it all. Been using it the past 3 years without a problem with it yet. Check it out... Garmin RV660LMT

57chevyconvt

Thanks for all the advice on purchasing a GPS. I bought a Garmin RV 660LMT from Amazon for $224 + tax. So far I really like the RV 660. Very easy to use.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, has it really been 2013 since you've been to a rally? You need to set your new GPS to Tyler Tx. in October or Montgomery Tx. in November! Hoping to see you then.

carl.swoyer

Have you had any issues with your Garmin sending you on the wrong route or circle back for no reason?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Have you had any issues with wrong route to, or u-turns that aren't needed

SCPOSWRET

Google Maps on your phone - works better for me than any of the late model Garmins and I USED to be a big Garmin fan.

carl.swoyer

Google Maps on your phone - works better for me than any of the late model Garmins and I USED to be a big Garmin fan.
My Garmin 465 t keeps messing up. Has me exit the highway and get back on. I had Garmin customer service assist me with deleting unnecessary files and I did the most recent update. Still screws up. I believe Garmin has a way to screw you up and then you need to buy a new one.
Not happy with Garmin.

Alan_B

I just finished my first trip with the Garmin 770 and I am happy with its performance. We went 6,400+ miles through New England and the Maritime Provinces. It handled everything just fine. This included complicated freeways near Boston and remote stretches in Newfoundland.

We we went with this over just Google maps for a couple of reasons. First, we didn’t want to tie up a cell phone or iPad as a GPS. Secondly, we liked the ability to run parallel routing on Google Maps ocassionally in confusing circumstances. Lastly, we go off grid sometimes and knew we could not rely on cell signal.

carl.swoyer

I just finished my first trip with the Garmin 770 and I am happy with its performance. We went 6,400+ miles through New England and the Maritime Provinces. It handled everything just fine. This included complicated freeways near Boston and remote stretches in Newfoundland.

We we went with this over just Google maps for a couple of reasons. First, we didn’t want to tie up a cell phone or iPad as a GPS. Secondly, we liked the ability to run parallel routing on Google Maps ocassionally in confusing circumstances. Lastly, we go off grid sometimes and knew we could not rely on cell signal.
Alan was it having you get off the highway and then right back on.?