how do you send the TV through the sound system

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
when we got the 3760 I am sure the TV went through the Jensen/ I was trying (I unsuccessfully to run the outside speakers. Since then I cannot get the TV to go through the Jensen. I also cannot get the outside speakers to work.

We received USB with manuals but it was corrupt and will not load or is blank

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Here's a link to our collection of Jensen manuals.

Maybe Heartland is connecting the TV output to the surround sound input for you, but they never used to do that. Most of us had to find the right cable and add it ourselves. Look at the TV manual to find out what audio output types it has, and the Jensen manual to find out what audio inputs it has. Then consult our RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide to see how to bridge the two.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Thanks for the info.
I do not know how to remove the TV so I can check it out on the back.
I hried every stting and variation, finally found the tv volume it the Jensen.
I still cannot find the switch to use the outside speakers.

SNOKING

On ours the A switch is the LR speakers. C switch in the subwoofer. B switch is the outside speakers.

jimtoo

I don't know about this unit, but on some of the older units you turned the control for front to rear speakers to get the sound on the outside speakers.

Jim M

On my new 3970rd I just had to select "Optical" on the Jensen to get the TV sound through the surround system. I then turned off sound on the TV speakers, in the TVs menu, once I confirmed I had TV sound through the Jensen.

Good luck!!

Ken

eddylives

I run a bell expressview satelite reciever in our camper
To have the sound come through the jenson stereo all i did was to put a splitter in line with the RCA cables going to the TV
I split off the rca audio signal (I believe my stereo came with the RCA to headphone adapter)
This allowed me to plug the headphone style adapter (rca to headphone) into to auxillary input on the stereo
I now have the option to have sound from the TV or through the stereo

Sounds confusing but its really easy lol
All the splitters and adapters are available easily online or at your local bestbuy type store

CoveredWagon

Our 2018 with a Jensen sound system, uses the fader option to control volume to Jensen speakers or outdoor speakers. There are also A B C buttons on the front of the unit. IF I remember correctly A is indoor, B is outdoor and C is the subwoofer. If you select A and B you then can use the fader option to adjust the amount of volume to either set of speakers.