What service is needed?

Micahluna

We are about to take a 4 month trip around the U.S. and Canada.

In preparation we want to have our travel trailer checked out so we brought it in for service.

It’s a 2015 Heartland Torque. It’s been lightly used.

They shop is recommending all the ball bearings be looking at for $275. 4 tires total. Is this service needed? Seemed early to me.

What services would you recommend?

danemayer

The Heartland manual and the Dexter & Lippert manuals all recommend inspecting and repacking bearings every 12,000 miles or 12 months. A lot of people will go 2 years. You're probably a bit past that.

hboy1

We are about to take a 4 month trip around the U.S. and Canada.

In preparation we want to have our travel trailer checked out so we brought it in for service.

It’s a 2015 Heartland Torque. It’s been lightly used.

They shop is recommending all the ball bearings be looking at for $275. 4 tires total. Is this service needed? Seemed early to me.

What services would you recommend?

Do you mean wheel bearings? In my area $30 per hub is kind of the going rate to service the wheel bearings. I would definitely do this maintenance before a trip around the country.

If you use a trailer shop I would ask them to inspect all of the suspension.

I would also inspect the tires. Trailer tires seem to be the cheapest tires on the planet. And arguably can cause damage and leave you stranded on the side of the highway easier than about anything. If I was making a cross country/continent journey I would seriously consider replacing my tires. A 2015 trailer could have been built in 2014. If the trailer tires are four years old in my opinion they are prime candidates to fail. Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Boatman

I agree the wheel bearings should be done before your trip. It's a lot easier to have them done before rather than on the shoulder of a road. (Don't ask how I know) Good luck on your trip.