Heartland Warranty

HornedToad

I just read a post on an SOB forum that Forrest River... “just changed their warranty, again, this time to make it what looks like the most restrictive in the industry. As written, if a consumer uses the Rv for 3 3-day weekends one month, and does that again the next month, making it a total of 18 days in two consecutive months of ownership, Forest River says their factory warranty is gone. Poof! Now you see it, now you don’t! Or if you take your new $200,000 Forest River Rv on a month-long trip to Alaska? Poof! Forest River says the factory warranty is gone! As worded, you can’t use your Rv for 31 days straight either”

This seems to basically limit their warranty to occasional recreational use.

Is it safe to say Heartland’s Warranty continues to protect full-timers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

When questions arise about warranty, on SOBs or on Heartland, I prefer to read the actual warranty information in the manual. Heartland's warranty has supported full time usage on a number of models for years, as documented in the manual. In addition, Heartland recently added a 3 year structural warranty as described here.

Forest River's warranty apparently does have some restrictions. You can read about the FR towables warranty here.

jbeletti

I just read a post on an SOB forum that Forrest River... “just changed their warranty, again, this time to make it what looks like the most restrictive in the industry. As written, if a consumer uses the Rv for 3 3-day weekends one month, and does that again the next month, making it a total of 18 days in two consecutive months of ownership, Forest River says their factory warranty is gone. Poof! Now you see it, now you don’t! Or if you take your new $200,000 Forest River Rv on a month-long trip to Alaska? Poof! Forest River says the factory warranty is gone! As worded, you can’t use your Rv for 31 days straight either”

This seems to basically limit their warranty to occasional recreational use.

Is it safe to say Heartland’s Warranty continues to protect full-timers?

Mike - it's time to come back home :)